Kannell (again)...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
One of the co-hosts asked him if he would now switch UA and Clemson for #1 and #2. The answer was an emphatic "NO!" His explanation was that, even though Clemson won by only five over a 3-9 team, you still had to favor the undefeated team. (Wonder how Iowa felt about that.) He went on to say that we "didn't look all that good" in beating AU. The other hosts agreed. Last I saw, we more than covered the spread. I guess only a blowout would have sufficed. However, he did say Henry deserved the Heisman, pointing out the four 200+ games. He really doesn't even try to hide his distaste for Bama...

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
Kannell is a true idiot with his latest comments. And his comments aside, where the heck does he shop for clothes? Looks like Goodwill had a Black Friday sale or something. Hideous!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i think a lot of this is that folks are tired of bama being on top and telling folks bama ain't all that grabs more eyeballs and eardrums than singing bama's praises.

and bama keeps showing up and trucking folks

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Next week after we beat Florida, it will be, "They beat a Florida team that just got rolled by FSU at home the week before". Mark it down.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Saw that and all I could say was "what ever". It doesn't matter if we are #1 or #2, we still go to the dance. I bet he was among those who pick the Barn to win the SEC west back in August. Now a 16 point victory doesn't impress anyone. "WHAT EVER"

Roll Tide 00

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
Trust me,the committee is laughing and shaking their head at every word that comes out of this clowns mouth.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I saw that segment & thought the same thing. He just can't stand Bama.

I'm usually ok with Verne & Gary, but towards the very end of yesterday's game, around three plus minutes, Gary pointed out Gus should call a timeout to still have a shot at two possessions to win. Gus was slow to call it, and Gary finally said "Please!" meaning please Gus, wake up and call timeout. It was jarring to me to hear him all but beg Gus to do what Gary thought he should to beat Bama. I generally consider him fairly impartial, until I heard that "Please" stretched out with emphasis.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Lets see, we play our in state rival at their house and-

Out score them 29-13
Out gain them 465 to 260
Time of possession was 35 to 24 in our favor
Our Heisman front runner RB, who the barn knew they had to stop, had an Iron Bowl record 271

Yea, this isn't the best team Auburn has had, and we didn't beat the brakes off them for all 4 quarters......but when 4 quarters were over, we had put a good beating on them.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Even Herbie said last night we struggled with the barn, and frankly we did for 3.5 quarters. With their total destruction of their ranked rival, OU is definitely winning the eye test with the media right now, fwiw. All that really counts though is what the committee thinks, and I don't see them moving us or Clemson.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't like Kanell and am glad to see him choke n the reality that his beloved FSU is going to be on the outside looking in while Alabama makes the playoff.

Doesn't matter where you are ranked in the playoff - just matters that you make it, and he knows it.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Herbstreit mentioned this on one of the shows recently. Everyone has to move away from the antiquated way or ranking teams meaning don't rank the teams SOLELY based on W/L. If teams were just to be ranked on W/L we wouldn't need a committee. The purpose of the W/L is to organize teams into groupings that the committee then votes on. Example of that is all the undefeated and one loss teams are in the first group of 8 teams. From there the W/L doesn't hold as much weight it's more about using other metrics to determine the rankings..

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Kanell--I am always reminded of the guy who thinks he is a salesman and tries to sell you what you don't want or need and are definitely not buying. Then he is genuinely surprised and offended when you ignore his ridiculous jabber and walk on by.

And I kind of expect him to look off camera and say "ain't that right, mama?" after one of his pronouncements.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I was perturbed at him before the game started. He was basically saying who we have played even though when we played them most teams were ranked. We can't help the teams blew up after we played them. Like the rankings at the time of the game didn't matter. Just where the teams are ranked today.

Then in I heard ole Gary saying please Gus call a timeout. I mean really?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.