Florida vs Alabama any early thoughts or concerns?

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
Harris is as inept of a quarterback as I have seen on any level. His threat as a runner is negated by his utter lack of vision, and he is terribly inaccurate in the passing game. Kelvin Taylor is the only real threat they have on offense, and he hurt his ankle last night. Their kicking game is beyond abysmal. The only bright spot on the field for the Gators is their defense, but I can't see them standing up to four quarters of pounding from Henry.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
The one thing that concerns me s how well McElwain knows Saban. Just like our rivalry games, you can typically throw out the records for mentor-pupil games. But I get the feeling that it stays close for the first half and then we pull away for the second.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Can't get in the business of overlooking any team. If we keep our focus and play a complete game we should beat them.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
I wasn't worried about Florida until i saw Auburn push our d-line around a good bit last night. Plus, if you can stop our running game or slow it down, we struggle to get points. Our Jeckyl and Hyde offense bothers me. We're terrible on 3rd down, and our passing game is so inconsistent. I do think the defense will rebound after watching film of getting pushed around by a pathetic Auburn team. Florida's offense may be worse than Auburn's, so that's a good thing. We'll win the SECCG, but i really worry once we get past that one.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I have some concerns!

Seriously, as has been mentioned, Florida has a respectable defense but without an effective offense, the defense alone will not win the game.

The main problem for Florida's offense is at the QB position. Treon looked lost last night and unless he can somehow get some degree of MOJO back, it's going to be a long night again for Florida's defense.

Also factor in Florida has no reliable FG kicker.

It's Bama's game to lose, essentially.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I don't think Auburn pushed our DL around at all. Their mickey mouse offense forces a defense to play on its heels. All the motion and fake nonsense. They rushed for 1 yard in the second half after we adjusted.

Florida is much more traditional in their offensive approach.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
I don't think Auburn pushed our DL around at all. Their mickey mouse offense forces a defense to play on its heels. All the motion and fake nonsense. They rushed for 1 yard in the second half after we adjusted.

And their offensive line is a patchwork mess right now.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
I wasn't worried about Florida until i saw Auburn push our d-line around a good bit last night. Plus, if you can stop our running game or slow it down, we struggle to get points. Our Jeckyl and Hyde offense bothers me. We're terrible on 3rd down, and our passing game is so inconsistent. I do think the defense will rebound after watching film of getting pushed around by a pathetic Auburn team. Florida's offense may be worse than Auburn's, so that's a good thing. We'll win the SECCG, but i really worry once we get past that one.

Auburn had 91 rushing yards total, only 1 yard in the second half. May have looked like we were getting pushed around but we really weren't.

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
We have 2 maybe 3 one game seasons ahead of us. We'll need our A game for every one of them. Here is to hoping we have more in the tank than we did at the end of last year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

This is exactly right. It was clear from the first snap that you approach at the LOS was very different in the Auburn game than in any other game this season. You were not pushing the pocket back in the QB's face. Instead you were spreading out and minimizing the effectiveness of the read option plays by forcing every run back to the middle of the field. It led to a few decent runs for them in the first half, but it kept them from breaking anything outside (the way that they score).

It was a masterful defensive game plan by a coaching staff that has now seen enough of this offense to know how to stop it.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I was concerned about the iron bowl. But not florida. Barring a fluke Ole miss type of game, we roll big.
I got enough worries and pacing back and forth from the Tennessee and auburn games. I worried enough for the entire fan base. I'm good now. Haha. I am going to sit back and enjoy this one. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.