Florida vs Alabama any early thoughts or concerns?

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I don't think Auburn pushed our DL around at all. Their mickey mouse offense forces a defense to play on its heels. All the motion and fake nonsense. They rushed for 1 yard in the second half after we adjusted.

Florida is much more traditional in their offensive approach.
This is exactly right. It was clear from the first snap that you approach at the LOS was very different in the Auburn game than in any other game this season. You were not pushing the pocket back in the QB's face. Instead you were spreading out and minimizing the effectiveness of the read option plays by forcing every run back to the middle of the field. It led to a few decent runs for them in the first half, but it kept them from breaking anything outside (the way that they score).

It was a masterful defensive game plan by a coaching staff that has now seen enough of this offense to know how to stop it.
Thank you both for saying this. We sure didn't just turn it loose last night. All the deception slowed us up a little until adjustments were made. I always expect us to be a little slower at the beginning of the game because of the game plan of the other teams. I think the scripted plays are just new for our defense to see, but once we get beyond the opening plays, our coaches and players settle into the game plan and start putting the strangle hold on them.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
I don't think Auburn pushed our DL around at all. Their mickey mouse offense forces a defense to play on its heels. All the motion and fake nonsense. They rushed for 1 yard in the second half after we adjusted.

Florida is much more traditional in their offensive approach.
I do agree with you somewhat, but there still seemed to be a lack of "focus' on defense last night. You have to admit Auburn's pathetic QB was able to locate several wide open receivers. That was troubling, but i'm sure during the review film sessions they will get someone's attention and hopefully get that corrected.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Line seems high...I expect that they'll contain Henry enough to force Coker to make plays...good teams tend to show up after getting humiliated like they did against FSU. Of course, their defense really didn't play like a defense that gave up 27 points...their offense just wore them out.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I wasn't worried about Florida until i saw Auburn push our d-line around a good bit last night. Plus, if you can stop our running game or slow it down, we struggle to get points. Our Jeckyl and Hyde offense bothers me. We're terrible on 3rd down, and our passing game is so inconsistent. I do think the defense will rebound after watching film of getting pushed around by a pathetic Auburn team. Florida's offense may be worse than Auburn's, so that's a good thing. We'll win the SECCG, but i really worry once we get past that one.
You make several good points, and I agree.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I am mostly concerned with sustaining more injuries. Their defense is strong, and Taylor is a fine back, However if we lose we beat ourselves.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I wasn't worried about Florida until i saw Auburn push our d-line around a good bit last night. Plus, if you can stop our running game or slow it down, we struggle to get points. Our Jeckyl and Hyde offense bothers me. We're terrible on 3rd down, and our passing game is so inconsistent. I do think the defense will rebound after watching film of getting pushed around by a pathetic Auburn team. Florida's offense may be worse than Auburn's, so that's a good thing. We'll win the SECCG, but i really worry once we get past that one.
AU had 97 yards rushing. Is that what you call "being pushed around?" AU's offense isn't like that of LSU or UGA meaning that AU doesn't just run the ball between the tackles. The defense has to be very disciplined and cover all the gaps + seal the edge on every play. It really prevents any defensive player from working to far upfield (and creating TFL's/sacks).

Last edited:

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL
I just think Florida is gonna have a very difficult time scoring. Their offense has tanked without Will Grier, and their field goal kicking has been awful.

Their defense is really good and does concern me a little bit. I don't expect we will rack up a ton of points, and Henry may not find much room early. But as long as we come out and play our game, we should be fine.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
It's going to be a classic field position game. Keep them bottled up deep and try to score points. The faster we can get up on them the faster they have to start throwing the ball and it just escalates from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason I believe we are going to get Bama's greatest effort of the season thus far. It's championship time and like coach said on his weekly show, it's why they came to Bama. So I expect wrinkles, wrinkles everywhere on offense and defense.

Thing that concerns be about Florida is the same thing that concerned me about Auburn. What will they have cooking up. You know CJM wants this one badly. It makes me wonder though it our offense and defense was vanilla against Auburn because I didn't see anything out of the ordinary from any coordinator.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.