Florida vs Alabama any early thoughts or concerns?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
This was more or less what I was going to post. We essentially used the "mush rush" to contain their tricks. In the second half, we decided to attack the QB and it worked. I'm wondering what we do with Harris, who is even worse than JJ. I'd bet we go after him from the first snap...
yeah, it was pretty obvious that we were trying to eliminate/minimize busted plays in the first half and we did pretty good.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm not saying it will happen, nor am I saying it will happen :D but, We might take Gator for granted... Gator could keep the game close... they could give us new looks that we hadn't seen before. I'm not saying ait will happen.. just a thought... Theyre capable, but the question is are they going to execute it? We said same thing about Auburn and game was close until 4th quarter.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm not saying it will happen, nor am I saying it will happen :D but, We might take Gator for granted... Gator could keep the game close... they could give us new looks that we hadn't seen before. I'm not saying ait will happen.. just a thought... Theyre capable, but the question is are they going to execute it? We said same thing about Auburn and game was close until 4th quarter.
UF is better than Auburn and it took Bama a whlle to put the barners away. I sure hope the team shows up ready to play, because they Gatahs are going to play hard for 60 minutes..

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I think their D will give us a lot of trouble. I suspect they will do the slow the game down strategy. They have some great DBs. I don't expect a 17 point margin.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This was more or less what I was going to post. We essentially used the "mush rush" to contain their tricks. In the second half, we decided to attack the QB and it worked. I'm wondering what we do with Harris, who is even worse than JJ. I'd bet we go after him from the first snap...
That is what FSU did and Harris was unable to settle into the game at all. They don't have the same read options trickery to fall back on. I think that you may force a few turnovers in this game.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Seems legit...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
That is what FSU did and Harris was unable to settle into the game at all. They don't have the same read options trickery to fall back on. I think that you may force a few turnovers in this game.
I think we've been using 3 man front to generate pressure, but I can see Ragland/Williams/Evans having good day. I need to go back and see what kind of formation they use.. how many receivers... I'll have to study florida tonight and see what's up with Harris.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
UF is better than Auburn and it took Bama a whlle to put the barners away. I sure hope the team shows up ready to play, because they Gatahs are going to play hard for 60 minutes..
That is always my concern. Not what the opponent does. It is what we do. If we go out there and "waller around" for the three quarters, turn it over, don't convert on third downs, etc.. and leave them in the game, we can be beat.

In basketball, Coach K always preaches "We play our best and they play their best, we win. If we play our best and they don't, we win. But if they play their best and we don't, we can be beat. You make up your mind how you want to play today." Seems overly simple, but it is true.

That said, we are without question the better, more complete team. We should win going away. But one thing you can bet on. As CA said, the Gators are going to fight and scratch the entire game. I would expect nothing less from a Coach Mac team.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I could see Bama using an extra safety (most likely Harrison) to replace a LB since DL and LB has the ability to stop Taylor and Florida's rushing game. By having the extra safety, Bama can drop at least one back deep and break on any of Harris' bad passes.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I could see Bama using an extra safety (most likely Harrison) to replace a LB since DL and LB has the ability to stop Taylor and Florida's rushing game. By having the extra safety, Bama can drop at least one back deep and break on any of Harris' bad passes.

Don't we have Minkah for that? but he's a CB playing a safety position.. who do we take out ? Lee?

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
I got to wondering just how many times Alabama and Florida have played each other in the SEC Championship Game since 1992. As it turns out, Alabama has appeared in the SECCG 10 times (including next Saturday) and have an overall 5-4 record. Of the 9 games already played, 7 were against the Gators. Amazingly, Florida is the only team to have beaten Alabama in the SECCG since its inception-- Bama is 3-4 vs the Gators in the SECCG, so Saturday will be an opportunity to even up the series. I really like Coach Mac and think he brings a respectability back to Florida that has been gone since SOS left. The rivalry should really get interesting in the next few years!

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
One way to get ahead of a Saban defense is to do a lot of unexpected things, such as what Oklahoma did in the bowl game and to a lesser extent what OSU did last year. It's really hard to manage that in just a week. Florida almost has to have some new wrinkles and that could keep it close for a
while until CKS figures it out. I know that Florida's offense will have to play much better than they did against FSU to win.

It will be huge for us to control field position and score (or nearly score) points while Florida's defense is on the bench. A kick return, fumble or pick is a major advantage for us. Also critical that we not turn the football over.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I got to wondering just how many times Alabama and Florida have played each other in the SEC Championship Game since 1992. As it turns out, Alabama has appeared in the SECCG 10 times (including next Saturday) and have an overall 5-4 record. Of the 9 games already played, 7 were against the Gators. Amazingly, Florida is the only team to have beaten Alabama in the SECCG since its inception-- Bama is 3-4 vs the Gators in the SECCG, so Saturday will be an opportunity to even up the series. I really like Coach Mac and think he brings a respectability back to Florida that has been gone since SOS left. The rivalry should really get interesting in the next few years!

Fine by me if we meet every year for the next 10 years!

Our games together were always the best!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
If we are this nervous, I can imagine how they feel.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Interesting situation...Bama has the upper hand in talent...thus is in a better position to win....but has more to lose with national championship hopes riding on this game.

Florida at this point has already exceeded all expectations and has no chance of reaching the playoffs.....just playing for pride and a better bowl game.

It's really Bama's game to lose - if the players all focus on their assignments as Coach Saban always preaches they do...they should win easily.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I hope we play a good, but not great game. Good enough to win, granted, but not our best game of the year.

IMO, we'll need that against the Sooners, if we end up playing them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.