Florida vs Alabama any early thoughts or concerns?

CrimsonHammer

Scout Team
May 27, 2014
Clarksville, TN
Florida will have to shut down Henry and get turnovers to make it close. Even if they do, I am not sure that they have enough offense to win. If we get turnovers from them then it is blowout city. Either way, I just don't see Florida beating this team. I am much more comfortable about this game than I was with the Auburn game. The Tide rolls!

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Not a concern (actually the opposite) - but I thought UF had a solid run defense until Cook went for a buck eighty-three. Then I went back and saw Fournette had 180.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
My only concern is if we are forced to throw that JC will throw one of those pick sixes waiting to happen to their very talented corners. If UF makes a few big plays and gets a lead, they can force us to take chances that we don't want to take, which could lead to more mistakes. If we can get ahead early and then lean on them and get ahead by two scores and force them to take some chances, we can beat them handily. However, if they get the lead and force us into mistakes, they can win.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Not a concern (actually the opposite) - but I thought UF had a solid run defense until Cook went for a buck eighty-three. Then I went back and saw Fournette had 180.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. The UF defense looks small IMO just from watching them on TV. What they lack in size and strength they make up for with quickness but I think Henry between the tackles can neutralize the speed. Then all that is left is an undersized defense trying to stop a 6"4 240 lb freight train..

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
My only concern is if we are forced to throw that JC will throw one of those pick sixes waiting to happen to their very talented corners. If UF makes a few big plays and gets a lead, they can force us to take chances that we don't want to take, which could lead to more mistakes. If we can get ahead early and then lean on them and get ahead by two scores and force them to take some chances, we can beat them handily. However, if they get the lead and force us into mistakes, they can win.
Probably about the only way they beat us.

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
I agree. The UF defense looks small IMO just from watching them on TV. What they lack in size and strength they make up for with quickness but I think Henry between the tackles can neutralize the speed. Then all that is left is an undersized defense trying to stop a 6"4 240 lb freight train..
I look for Henry to get stats, but UF limited Fournette and he's not small. Someone earlier in the thread pointed to our run defense average. It's a little misleading because some (like FSU) were in the 4th qtr when it didn't matter either because the game was in hand by us or them. So far this defense has done well limiting RBs. However, if our offense can't manage to keep up or give hope, our defense will wear down.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I look for Henry to get stats, but UF limited Fournette and he's not small. Someone earlier in the thread pointed to our run defense average. It's a little misleading because some (like FSU) were in the 4th qtr when it didn't matter either because the game was in hand by us or them. So far this defense has done well limiting RBs. However, if our offense can't manage to keep up or give hope, our defense will wear down.
I think that your only problem on defense is lack of depth. Against Alabama that will be a problem in the second half.

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
I think that your only problem on defense is lack of depth. Against Alabama that will be a problem in the second half.
Our depth has been decent all year, but you are correct that recent injuries will limit our ability to rotate as we'd like. Believe me, I'm hopeful but also a realist! I didn't have enough points for two tix to the game, so the tailgating will be around the kegerator and it will be flowing! [emoji12]

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I look at it like this. The UF defense has gone up against 2 of the best 3 RBs in college football and gave up 180 yards to each one. Saturday the UF defense will be going up against the best RB in college football..

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
I look at it like this. The UF defense has gone up against 2 of the best 3 RBs in college football and gave up 180 yards to each one. Saturday the UF defense will be going up against the best RB in college football..
I know what the final stats show, but if you are referring to Cook, he had 25 total yards at the half and 32 total yards until the middle of the 4th quarter. After we couldn't get out of our own way on offense, I think our defense decided we didn't have a chance (IMO) because they let him rip.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I know what the final stats show, but if you are referring to Cook, he had 25 total yards at the half and 32 total yards until the middle of the 4th quarter. After we couldn't get out of our own way on offense, I think our defense decided we didn't have a chance (IMO) because they let him rip.
IOW, the most likely scenario on Saturday?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
So what's your guesstimate for Henry's yardage on Saturday? Under 100 in your opinion? That sounds like what your discerning..

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
IOW, the most likely scenario on Saturday?
I don't think we win. I think our defense plays their tails off, but get no help from a struggling offense and their injuries begin to allow the flood gates to open. In the other thread, I predicted the game will be over at the end of three. I still see it that way. I do think things would be different if Grier were around, but his stupidity has really affected the offense. Harris is a read option QB and his capabilities are severely limited. I'm just happy to be back to relevance! [emoji41]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.