Florida vs Alabama any early thoughts or concerns?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Seems like a DJ Hall...a guy he needs to just string something together in the interim but is honestly more trouble than he's worth because he sets such a poor example.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

This is what I love about Coach McElwain......

Seniors to decide if Gators WR Robinson can return

Florida Gators leading receiver Demarcus Robinson was suspended for Saturday's 27-2 loss to No. 13 Florida State, and now the team's seniors will decide whether he can return for this week's SEC championship game.

"I'm going to visit with the seniors. They'll determine which direction we'll go," coach Jim McElwain said, according to the Gainesville Sun.

Saturday's game marked the fourth time Robinson has been suspended while with the Gators. He was suspended twice as a freshman and for the 2014 season opener against Idaho, a game that was canceled because of thunderstorms. Robinson has also been benched or demoted twice this season.

Robinson, a native of Fort Valley, Georgia, leads the 12th-ranked Gators (10-1, 7-1 SEC) with 47 catches and is second on the team with 505 receiving yards. He has two touchdowns this season. For his career, Robinson has 105 catches for 1,338 yards and nine touchdowns.

Asked why the seniors would decide Robinson's fate, McElwain said: "Look, he made a choice, OK. He made a choice," McElwain said. "You know what, our family needs to make this decision, and those guys are the leaders of our family."
I like Coach McElwain, too, but that is just a cop out. The guy has been suspended four times? This is an example of a coach who knows he should cut a guy loose but who also knows he needs that player, so he "lets the players decide" because he knows what the players will say. Now Mc can come back and say, "After a long, hard meeting, our seniors have decided he should get another chance." Sorry, but that is weak to me. Yes, I would say the same thing if Saban did it. In fact, I've been critical of a few of Saban's decisions and caught flack from some about it.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I like Coach McElwain, too, but that is just a cop out. The guy has been suspended four times? This is an example of a coach who knows he should cut a guy loose but who also knows he needs that player, so he "lets the players decide" because he knows what the players will say. Now Mc can come back and say, "After a long, hard meeting, our seniors have decided he should get another chance." Sorry, but that is weak to me. Yes, I would say the same thing if Saban did it. In fact, I've been critical of a few of Saban's decisions and caught flack from some about it.
I think it's interesting he's letting the seniors decide. Says a lot about his perspective on the situation. These players have their lives invested in this. He's gained some respect from his team by doing this, IMHO.

No telling how many times he's heard CNS say that...
Ha ha.....you got that right! :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.