Baylor fans, LOL!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: Baylor fans, LMAO!

I agree it would be better for the Big XII if OK was left out and they got two new teams and a CCG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR

I agree with one of them saying OK shouldn't be a lock though.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
I do too. As much as some people love OU this week, memories are short and they may be forgotten when next weekend rolls around and they aren't playing a championship game.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

I liked this one:
"Man it's time you wake up. Outside of our own back yard, the Big 12, is the most disliked conference in America. Others say we are the home of the "gimmick" offense. The land of no-defense. The media hates us. The committee hates us. Time for the Big 12, to take a look at the SEC, and learn you have to love your own. The Big 12 needs to support its own teams."

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

I just want to know who has OK beaten?! Tennessee?! That's a yearly thing for Bama. Against defense with a faint heartbeat they struggle, just ask Texas.

Good point but if you have seen them play they definitely pass the eye test. I certainly won't overlook them ever again after getting thumped in the Sugar Bowl. If we meet them in the playoff it will be a heck of a game.

Good point but if you have seen them play they definitely pass the eye test. I certainly won't overlook them ever again after getting thumped in the Sugar Bowl. If we meet them in the playoff it will be a heck of a game.
Oh I'm not saying they should be overlooked. I believe they belong. An automatic lock though, I'm not so sure about that.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I liked this one:
"Man it's time you wake up. Outside of our own back yard, the Big 12, is the most disliked conference in America. Others say we are the home of the "gimmick" offense. The land of no-defense. The media hates us. The committee hates us. Time for the Big 12, to take a look at the SEC, and learn you have to love your own. The Big 12 needs to support its own teams."
That is totally wrong headed. The only conference that cares about other teams within it conference is the SEC, and it doesn't help the SEC. In the "playoff" world, depth of conference hurts the conference. The BCS era is over.

Really, what idiot cares if another team wins a championship in their conference today unless it helps them? In the BCS era, with computer models that leveled the field, strength of conference competitions helped because total SoS was a very highly condidered factor in their models. Now it hurts. Proof? How many SEC teams are ranked by the committee, and how highly are they ranked? Now look at the Big 12 and the B1G. The depth of the SEC resulted in those teams losing to one another. You cannibalized one another and the committee only looks at the resultant W/L records.

A perfect conference under the new model only has 3-4 really good teams, and the rest are average at best and not a threat to beat those at the top of the conference.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.