Playoff predictions pac 12 gets in.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I think we will be in Dallas...but won't play Oklahoma. If all favorites win..it will either be 1. Clemson 2. Bama 3. Big 10 winner 4. Oklahoma

or we swap places with Clemson and OU at 3. I think they are setting up for a final game with Oklahoma rather than the semifinal.

Somehow OK and AL will avoid each other. The committee knows what the championship game "should" have looked like last year and they damn sure know this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. I think Clemson stays at number one and Michigan State moves in the three slot.

Clemson/Oklahoma
Alabama/Michigan State

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
OK first off I said BAMA 27- ALL BARN 13 , I WAS CLOSE !!!! So I have a feeling (not gas) of how this is going to shake out.

Clemson, loses to North Carolina, Bama struggles at first but pulls away late and florida, Michigan state beats Iowa. OKLAHOMA, SITS PRETTY ! Stanford win the pac 12 championship game and jump the CRAPEYE'S.

#1 Alabama vs #4 Stanford in the orange bowl

#2 Oklahoma VS #3 Michigan state in cotton bowl
I think there's an excellent chance you're right.

I really think Clemson/UNC is a 50/50 proposition, and I agree that if Clemson loses Stanford gets in over OSU and UNC.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
With all due respect, NOBODY HERE knows diddly about how it's going to turn out no matter what.

Not me, not you, not anybody. This committee can conceivably put a nine-loss team in there if they wish.

markenk

1st Team
Aug 3, 2003
England
The only way Clemson loses is if their QB gets injured early. Otherwise, UNC has zero chance in this game.

If Michigan St wins, they jump OU and move up to #3. If Iowa wins, they are the new #4 in the playoff ranking.

If we win the SEC, we remain at #2. That's just what I think would happen.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
I think if Clemson loses the ACC is out of it. That leaves Ohio State and Stanford battling for one spot. Stanford takes care of that by losing to USC. My top 4 is #1 Bama vs #4 Ohio State, #2 Oklahoma vs #3 Michigan State.

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida
Righto on the seeding. Personally I want Clemson in the first round. Then in the championship round We get OU and get back lots of How do you do and another trophy for our case and 16 on next year's helmet.

RTR

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
I think if Clemson loses the ACC is out of it. That leaves Ohio State and Stanford battling for one spot. Stanford takes care of that by losing to USC. My top 4 is #1 Bama vs #4 Ohio State, #2 Oklahoma vs #3 Michigan State.
The football world would turn upside down if your scenario happens. There is no way you could put in 2 teams from the Big 10, if you had UNC at 12-1 and ACC champion. NO WAY. There are 5 power conferences, and they will not leave out a 1 loss champion from 1 of them unless another conference had 2 undefeated teams, which is basically impossible. If UNC wins, they take Clemson's spot as one of the 4 teams. They would be the 4 seed and we would be the 1. OU #2 and MSU/Iowa #3.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The football world would turn upside down if your scenario happens. There is no way you could put in 2 teams from the Big 10, if you had UNC at 12-1 and ACC champion. NO WAY. There are 5 power conferences, and they will not leave out a 1 loss champion from 1 of them unless another conference had 2 undefeated teams, which is basically impossible. If UNC wins, they take Clemson's spot as one of the 4 teams. They would be the 4 seed and we would be the 1. OU #2 and MSU/Iowa #3.
I think that it depends on how close the UNC/Clemson game is in your scenario. UNC is ranked 10th - the committee hates them and only has them 10th because they feel like they have to. Ohio State played their best football of the season against UM and the committee remembers how well they played down the stretch last year.

IMO, if UNC trucks Clemson, they are in. If they win on a last second FG maybe not, but the odds are still in their favor. I am not sure how the committee could conclude that Ohio State is unequivocally better than UNC when each would only have a single win over a good team. However, if UNC wins because Clemson implodes with 5 turnovers and UNC doesn't look impressive at all in their victory, all bets are off.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010

Ohio States one loss was a last second field goal to Michigan State who I believe will be in the final 4. Michigan State got lucky to beat Michigan and Ohio State murdered Michigan. North Carolina's loss was to a bad South Carolina team. North Carolina ranks 10th with 2 FCS teams on the schedule, Ohio State the defending national champions ranks currently 6th. Clemson had its struggles against said bad South Carolina the team that beat North Carolina last week and the committee isn't blind.

Who do you think is the better team, North Carolina or Ohio State? Who do you think the committee will think the better team is? ;) If Stanford beats USC, I see Stanford as the PAC 12 champion getting in if Clemson losses but if USC wins and Clemson losses I would bet money the committee will not jump North Carolina over Ohio State. The committee would love to see a rematch of Bama vs Ohio State much more so than Bama vs UNC. Of course that is just my opinion. We shall see!! ;)

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I think USC winning and UNC winning is the most interesting scenario.

There would be a lot of outrage if Ohio State gets in, and calls that the system is rigged in favor of the blue bloods.

Lets be honest here -- Ohio State has played an incredibly easy schedule. They played two tough games all year -- they killed Michigan and got destroyed by Mich State (don't let that last second FG stuff sway you -- MSU was playing with a backup QB on the road and both of Ohio States scores game off of turnovers, one being a muffed punt at the 3 yard line. If not for those plays Ohio State might have legitimately gotten shut out, they did NOTHING on offense against MSU, and had Cook played it might have been a blood bath.)

UNC has played a schedule soft as charmin but it's not like OSU has a great resume. A lot of the Ohio State love is love for the brand and love for what last years team did -- and when people saw Ohio State plow over Michigan it reminded them of what Ohio State did last year.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
I think USC winning and UNC winning is the most interesting scenario.

There would be a lot of outrage if Ohio State gets in, and calls that the system is rigged in favor of the blue bloods.

Lets be honest here -- Ohio State has played an incredibly easy schedule. They played two tough games all year -- they killed Michigan and got destroyed by Mich State (don't let that last second FG stuff sway you -- MSU was playing with a backup QB on the road and both of Ohio States scores game off of turnovers, one being a muffed punt at the 3 yard line. If not for those plays Ohio State might have legitimately gotten shut out, they did NOTHING on offense against MSU, and had Cook played it might have been a blood bath.)

UNC has played a schedule soft as charmin but it's not like OSU has a great resume. A lot of the Ohio State love is love for the brand and love for what last years team did -- and when people saw Ohio State plow over Michigan it reminded them of what Ohio State did last year.

I understand why most Bama fans had rather us play North Carolina than Ohio State! ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.