Mark Richt Fired by UGA, Hired by the Canes

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Re: Mark Richt Fired (per Mark Schlabach)

Considering he is a close personal friend, I trust him with my children. ;) Based on the most recent places where he has been and the talent he has had, I don't think he has really had an opportunity to shine. I mean, he had Sanchez at the Jets--he hasnt been successful anywhere. He lost Sam Bradford right after going to the Rams. He was Drew Brees' QB coach at SD, I believe and we all know how successful Brees has been. Given the right opportunity, I think he would be asset to any team. He wasn't really given the opportunity at UGA because Richt was a control freak. I do know that had Schotty gotten his way the day Bauta played, Bauta would not have been the QB and that likely would have been a difference in the game. UGA completely melted down when Chubb got hurt and we beat them. That is 100% on the HC, in my opinion.
UGA has had TERRIBLE luck with injuries to KEY skill players too.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Considering he is a close personal friend, I trust him with my children. ;) Based on the most recent places where he has been and the talent he has had, I don't think he has really had an opportunity to shine. I mean, he had Sanchez at the Jets--he hasnt been successful anywhere. He lost Sam Bradford right after going to the Rams. He was Drew Brees' QB coach at SD, I believe and we all know how successful Brees has been. Given the right opportunity, I think he would be asset to any team. He wasn't really given the opportunity at UGA because Richt was a control freak. I do know that had Schotty gotten his way the day Bauta played, Bauta would not have been the QB and that likely would have been a difference in the game. UGA completely melted down when Chubb got hurt and we beat them. That is 100% on the HC, in my opinion.
Maybe, but it still seems like a franklin/ tuberville situation in which the administration forced the hire. Schottinhiemer might be successful later down the road but UGA is and was Chubb all along. There wasn't an answer at qb no matter who you turned to.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

Maybe, but it still seems like a franklin/ tuberville situation in which the administration forced the hire. Schottinhiemer might be successful later down the road but UGA is and was Chubb all along. There wasn't an answer at qb no matter who you turned to.
I don't think the UGA Admin forced the Schotty hire. His personal characteristics line up with Richt's and they hit it off pretty well in that aspect. Jacob Eason was one of the first kids he had a hand in recruiting and he was super excited about developing him into a great QB. When UGA became a dumpster fire mid-season, everything imploded. I'm not sure any coach could have had success during the second half of UGA's season this year.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

I don't think the UGA Admin forced the Schotty hire. His personal characteristics line up with Richt's and they hit it off pretty well in that aspect. Jacob Eason was one of the first kids he had a hand in recruiting and he was super excited about developing him into a great QB. When UGA became a dumpster fire mid-season, everything imploded. I'm not sure any coach could have had success during the second half of UGA's season this year.
i think the embers of the dumpster fire were well established (and have been for quite a while). blackout 2, electric boogaloo was just gasoline

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

Schottenheimer has never been a successful offensive coordinator/playcaller anywhere he's been. I'm not surprised at all he didn't work out at UGA.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.