Mark Richt Fired by UGA, Hired by the Canes

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Re: Mark Richt Fired (per Mark Schlabach)

What? :conf2:
This makes way more sense than the Les thing. What he did for the Florida game was pretty much unforgivable. He's supposed to at least try to win games and that was just a joke with throwing what, a third string completely untested guy out there for the heck of it? Didn't go so well either... you pull that kind of stunt, you'd better hope your QB doesn't throw 4 interceptions.

I have a feeling that we will be looking for a OC and DC next season...
I had that feeling quite a while ago.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

Disagree. Miles loves it at LSU, and he's a perfect fit there. I believe he and the AD will work out their differences and Les will stay.
Les loves LSU no doubt but the LSU brass has shown they can't be trusted, especially that lowlife AD.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Boy how football has changed when a 9-3 season gets you fired.
it isn't a 9-3 season that got him fired

it's a decade of 9-3 seasons while filling the NFL with Pro-Bowlers

He has been amazingly consistent in under achieving based on the amount of talent he has had

Long overdue, imo

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

so are they going to make a run a kirby and take a chance on a coordinator stepping up to a hc position? or will they make a run for someone with a hc resume?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

it isn't a 9-3 season that got him fired

it's a decade of 9-3 seasons while filling the NFL with Pro-Bowlers

He has been amazingly consistent in under achieving based on the amount of talent he has had

Long overdue, imo
this was the first season where i saw a complete change in the homers finally realizing the depth of his mediocrity

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

so are they going to make a run a kirby and take a chance on a coordinator stepping up to a hc position? or will they make a run for someone with a hc resume?
From all I have been hearing, Dog fans have been clamoring for Smart.

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL

Wow - I really thought Richt would be around for at least one more season.

Edward Aschoff ESPN 34 seconds ago ... When Mark Richt just isn’t good enough at a program then you know the machine is a cruel beast

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

I think Richt and Miles have both under achieved in recent years. Richt has looked like he wanted to be somewhere else all season to me.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

they seem to all want Kirby, which is odd to me. I wouldn't want to hire a first time HC

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

i may have to re-stock my liquor cabinet if that happens
I think the one thing we all know is that the dawgs are likely to muck the entire thing up and look foolish doing it. Will be fun to watch

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.