Mark Richt Fired by UGA, Hired by the Canes

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Re: Mark Richt Fired (per Mark Schlabach)

After espn's over-speculation of Miles, I'm going to wait for the official word from UGA. It may very well be the case but ... We just saw how situations like this can change.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.

Georgia did the right thing IMO. That is they did the right thing if the want Georgia to be relevant in college football. To me it is asinine that Richt only has two SEC championships during his time at Georgia when you consider the talent he's had and the high school talent in the state of Georgia. To say that Richt has underachieved is a massive understatement. They should have easily won the SEC East this year but this is not about just this year.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I'm going to say this.. I just don't see that one happening.... I mean Pruitt is a good coach, but still... I'm just not sold on him. We definitely have another option in Mel Tucker... I mean Mel should get DC job... Only way Pruitt comes back if he's a DC.... and I don't know if that will sit right for Mel Tucker... Given the mess that Jeremy created in Georgia in some part... I'm not sure if I want him back at Alabama so soon.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

So I guess the Kirby to Georgia talk will really be heating up now. I will say this we will miss him but if he does get offered the job I think he should and will take it.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Let's be clear: Richt's 9-3 season was an utter disappointment. For the better part of 5 years, the East has been historically depleted, and what has Georgia done? Their best win this year was against Auburn. Ever since the Blackout, he's been padding his record against weak teams and getting a pass from the media and his delusional fans because Mark Richt is such a good man.

No mas.

More here

Last edited:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

This is an interesting move ... Any one think they can make the home run hire needed to make a run for the 4 team playoffs?

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

I'm going to say this.. I just don't see that one happening.... I mean Pruitt is a good coach, but still... I'm just not sold on him. We definitely have another option in Mel Tucker... I mean Mel should get DC job... Only way Pruitt comes back if he's a DC.... and I don't know if that will sit right for Mel Tucker... Given the mess that Jeremy created in Georgia in some part... I'm not sure if I want him back at Alabama so soon.
A big part of the reason Pruitt rubbed folks on that staff the wrong way was he tried to implement a lot of the things he learned during his time at Bama. Some folks just didn't like it. I don't think that would be an issue for us.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

they seem to all want Kirby, which is odd to me. I wouldn't want to hire a first time HC
I'd take him in a heartbeat over 95% of coaches out there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA

The timing of this is concerning. Here we are, in the middle of a possible three game run at a national championship, and they fire their longtime head coach, who most people are speculating will be replaced by our current defensive coordinator. Thanks for the unnecessary distraction. Passive aggressive, much? You can't beat us on the field, so you pull a stunt like this?

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

so are they going to make a run a kirby and take a chance on a coordinator stepping up to a hc position? or will they make a run for someone with a hc resume?
If they are "smart" they get Kirby.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.