Mark Richt Fired by UGA, Hired by the Canes

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: Mark Richt Fired (per Mark Schlabach)

I love Kirby as much as anyone, but, Georgia would be foolish to go after an assistant coach for their next HC..They have the money to go after a big name HC & make several of them say no to them until they find an established HC..Schools like Bama, LSU & Georgia isn't they kinda schools to learn as you go as a HC..I would throw the bank at Fedora at UNC myself..JMO

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Agreed

we have no idea if he can build a program, develop players or recruit at all. The CFB landscape is littered with coaches that won with other peoples teams and then failed to deliver
usually uga just has the next herschel coming in via the recruiting class. now they have the next vince dooley lined up. i take all positive expectations of uga with a huge grain of salt.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

And now we have this tweeted to Bill King, Sports Talk Host in Nashville: (IPF-Indoor Practice Facility)

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Mark Richt Fired (per Mark Schlabach)

I don't believe a word of that tweet. But that's just me.

Assistant coaches at UGA were told to carry on with normal responsibilities until after bowl game or new coach is hired. OC and OL Coach were recruiting tonight which must be all sorts of awkward. By the looks of the tweets by many players, they want Pruitt to stay and I know he wants to stay.

Also, UA has said that no school has reached out to them for a Kirby interview.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Assistant coaches at UGA were told to carry on with normal responsibilities until after bowl game or new coach is hired. OC and OL Coach were recruiting tonight which must be all sorts of awkward. By the looks of the tweets by many players, they want Pruitt to stay and I know he wants to stay.

reminds me of all of the "sure thing" insider stuff that was floating around after shula was canned

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

I'm skeptical as well. I think Kirby is their #1 guy on the list. And rumors have swirled concerning Cochran going with him if he does leave.

I do imagine that if it is the case, their has been some "back door" communications to gage his interest without an "official" interview. That happens all the time. I have doubts about any announce this quickly or any decision on staff in less than 24 hour from the ousting of Richt.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I wonder how well Coach Cochran would be received by The Dawgs..After all they hated him with a passion before "The Blackout" game..

I'm skeptical as well. I think Kirby is their #1 guy on the list. And rumors have swirled concerning Cochran going with him if he does leave.

I do imagine that if it is the case, their has been some "back door" communications to gage his interest without an "official" interview. That happens all the time. I have doubts about any announce this quickly or any decision on staff in less than 24 hour from the ousting of Richt.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Oh he would be very well received. They hate him because they don't have him.
Kind of the way I felt about the hiring of Kiffin. I thought he was an arrogant jerk when he was at UT. Now that he is at Alabama, he's simply MY kind of guy.... :smile:

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008

And now we have this tweeted to Bill King, Sports Talk Host in Nashville: (IPF-Indoor Practice Facility)

I seriously doubt any of this is true. There may be some possibilities for some of it to come to fruition, but announcing Kirby as HC or even hinting at it could undermine any goodwill.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

Lol, why would Cochran leave?

So if this by some chance actually happened, the East is basically going to have two full Bama staffs running around. How flattering.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

A lot of people have strong opinions on Mark Richt's decision for the GA/FLA game.

These opinions are based on incomplete information.

I don't want to betray any confidences, so this will be my last public comment on this issue.
Jon Snow is that you.

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011

Lol, why would Cochran leave?

So if this by some chance actually happened, the East is basically going to have two full Bama staffs running around. How flattering.
It's been rumored that Cochran's allegiance is to Smart and wherever Smart goes Cochran will follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.