Next for Richt?

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I think he goes to a studio gig. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
If you read the release, he's been offered opportunities to stay on in an administrative capacity. I don't think that happens. I think he coaches some where next year. With this number of openings, someone offers him a gig.

Last edited:

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
I think he goes to a studio gig. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Think he would be better than most of the Heads in studio now!
Although he still may have coaching in his blood, his all-time win % at UGA is .740, not shabby, not great but how many coaches really are...
His overall record at UGA is - 196-145-51-0 -.740%...
In 14 Bowl Games His Teams were - 9-5, .643 %...
He had One losing season at UGA 2010 6-7.
Also at UGA had 9 season with 10 or more wins.
Finished ranked in Top-25 in 11 season's.
Altogether I think his #1 problem was his recruiting within Georgia!
Seemed to be an awful lot of talent that left that state!

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Beats me, but Miami and South Carolina have to rank pretty high on the odds charts.
I just don't see it. Carolina is a much more difficult place to coach that most realize. Hard to recruit there and suddenly the natives are hungry for big things. Miami is quite the unique place and could be prime for a young, hungry program builder. I see Richt in the studio for a couple of years at least. He has been on a heck of a roller coaster given the speculation of his job status year in and year out for the last, what, 3-4 years?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I just don't see it. Carolina is a much more difficult place to coach that most realize. Hard to recruit there and suddenly the natives are hungry for big things. Miami is quite the unique place and could be prime for a young, hungry program builder. I see Richt in the studio for a couple of years at least. He has been on a heck of a roller coaster given the speculation of his job status year in and year out for the last, what, 3-4 years?
i could be wrong, but i get the vibe that richt doesn't really like putting in a lot of effort doing the nuts and bolts of coaching. if he stays in coaching, it will be at a laid back gig

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
i could be wrong, but i get the vibe that richt doesn't really like putting in a lot of effort doing the nuts and bolts of coaching. if he stays in coaching, it will be at a laid back gig
Yep, I mean, he went to UGA years ago and breathed life into the program. He will coach again somewhere but at a lower level. I think he enjoys and should continue mentoring young men. Dude really is a class act.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
He may decide to take a year or two off and spend time with his family. He's only 55, which means he still has some coaching years in him, if he's in the mind to continue. If not, there are tons of opportunities for a man of his age and experience.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
He has shown so little enthusiasm this year that I doubt he takes a job any time soon. He certainly doesn't need the money.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.