Next for Richt?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
If LK leaves Bama, I wouldn't mind him being OC; he had pretty decent offenses at FSU (and at GA when injuries weren't riddling the starting lineup). Don't know if he'd be willing to go back to being an OC but unless he goes to a much lesser program, his resume ain't gonna call for the really big bucks IMO.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
He might want to take a year or two and be a network analyst. Who knows? But the timing is right if he wants to be the head coach at his Alma Mater, Miami.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
He has shown so little enthusiasm this year that I doubt he takes a job any time soon. He certainly doesn't need the money.
i think he will end up in some sort of ministry/mission work, maybe fca or team chaplain type stuff. i don't see him taking another high pressure coaching gig, he is set for money and if i am not mistaken he has grandkids now.

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Isn't Jim Donnan still in Athens? If memory serves me correctly, he had a very nice buyout package. I would think that they take even better care of MR. He will be a very wealthy man and won't have to work at all.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Since when has a .740 win percentage been "not great?" That's freaking phenomenal. His teams have under-performed the past 3-4 years, but he could go almost anywhere and the hiring would be hailed as a coup.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
If LK leaves Bama, I wouldn't mind him being OC; he had pretty decent offenses at FSU (and at GA when injuries weren't riddling the starting lineup). Don't know if he'd be willing to go back to being an OC but unless he goes to a much lesser program, his resume ain't gonna call for the really big bucks IMO.
for the love of god, no

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Isn't Jim Donnan still in Athens? If memory serves me correctly, he had a very nice buyout package. I would think that they take even better care of MR. He will be a very wealthy man and won't have to work at all.
He is already a very wealthy man and doesn't have to work at all even if UGA did not give him anything else. However, I'm sure UGA will owe him some money in the buyout. I'd go to the beach or mountains or travel around the world, but I'm sure he will find something to do with his time.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Since when has a .740 win percentage been "not great?" That's freaking phenomenal. His teams have under-performed the past 3-4 years, but he could go almost anywhere and the hiring would be hailed as a coup.
the issue with richt is not the win percentage. he can't consistently (ever) win big games and his teams get embarrassed quite often, usually on a national stage. and this is during a time where uga should be perched firmly on top of the east with little challenge. it's not that he loses, it's how he loses.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
The last few interviews I've seen, I don't know that he wants to go on coaching, especially at some place that is a huge project. Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't just take the money, retire from football, and get involved in some charity work. I wish him good luck.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
He's a Miami alum... should be fairly easy for him to get on that list if he wants to.
I don't see the U a good fit. Especially since some of the former thugs n boosters have come out saying they want someone to bring the 'swagga' back to the U.

I think Cristobal is who they end up getting.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
The last few interviews I've seen, I don't know that he wants to go on coaching, especially at some place that is a huge project. Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't just take the money, retire from football, and get involved in some charity work. I wish him good luck.
In the interview after the Ga Tech game, Richt was just listless. It was like he had just finished coaching a powder puff flag football game...

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
the issue with richt is not the win percentage. he can't consistently (ever) win big games and his teams get embarrassed quite often, usually on a national stage. and this is during a time where uga should be perched firmly on top of the east with little challenge. it's not that he loses, it's how he loses.
I don't disagree with that, but someone called his winning percentage "nothing special." That's ridiculous.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.