Patrick Towles to transfer from UK

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“I would like to thank the University of Kentucky for giving me the opportunity to achieve my childhood dream of playing quarterback for the Wildcats,” Towles wrote in the Instagram post. “The last four years have been ones that I will truly cherish for the rest of my life. Although I wish my time here in Lexington could have ended another way, I'm eternally grateful. I've decided to transfer to play my fifth year at another university.

“Thank you to Coach Stoops, Coach Dawson, Mitch Barnhart, my teammates, the Big Blue Nation and the entire Kentucky Athletics Department for allowing me to achieve my lifelong dream. I will truly bleed blue till the day I die.”

With Towles on track to graduate in December, he could likely play immediately at another FBS program as a graduate transfer.

Towles finishes his Kentucky career with 5,099 passing yards, sixth most in program history. His 5,452 yards of total offense also rank sixth in program history. He threw 24 touchdowns and 24 interceptions and added 11 rushing touchdowns in his career.

LINK

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
“I would like to thank the University of Kentucky for giving me the opportunity to achieve my childhood dream of playing quarterback for the Wildcats,” Towles wrote in the Instagram post. “The last four years have been ones that I will truly cherish for the rest of my life. Although I wish my time here in Lexington could have ended another way, I'm eternally grateful. I've decided to transfer to play my fifth year at another university.

“Thank you to Coach Stoops, Coach Dawson, Mitch Barnhart, my teammates, the Big Blue Nation and the entire Kentucky Athletics Department for allowing me to achieve my lifelong dream. I will truly bleed blue till the day I die.”

With Towles on track to graduate in December, he could likely play immediately at another FBS program as a graduate transfer.

Towles finishes his Kentucky career with 5,099 passing yards, sixth most in program history. His 5,452 yards of total offense also rank sixth in program history. He threw 24 touchdowns and 24 interceptions and added 11 rushing touchdowns in his career.

LINK
LSU? He could be what Miles has needed.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
How much eligibility does he have? He might be a good fit at Florida or LSU. Would the barn look at him?
He has 1 year left, but if he is the "answer", I am not sure that we are asking the right questions.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I hope he comes to Bama.
Never happen, and here is why.
We are supposed to be developing our recruits to get in the games. We have 3 quarterback's, soon to be 4, that were blue chip elite 8's coming out of HS. In coach Saban's 9 years, he has one quarterback that was recruited as a quarterback out of high that started, AJ. Getting another transfer equates to our inability to scout and develop quarterbacks.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
He did bring in Coker and Barnett has health concerns.
Yes he did, but I doubt he does that again. Coker was from Alabama and was too good too pass up with the talent at that time, it is not the same now. We are in much better shape.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.