Hey- who's watching, Bama vs. Notre Dame (I'm thinking 42-14 :))

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Roll Tide! Great game and didn't collapse in the final minutes. Also glad to have a coach who can actually draw up a play out of the timeout with the game on the line. First time beating back to back ranked teams since 2006. I think it's an understatement to say this 5th place finish and tourney was a huge success for this team. #BuckleUp #RTR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Grant beat 3 ranked teams in his tenure. Coach Johnson has beat two in a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I listened to the game on the drive home from the in-laws. Great win by the team, even with the adversity. Great coaching by CAJ as well. Very impressed with our continued improvement.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
I had really given up on basketball, I was in high school when WHIMP was the coach and wanted to play for him, Mark gotcaught never did anything for me with his UCLA HIGH POST, And I got tired of seeing us play good defense on one end and the players never rewarded to score a lot with GRANT. If AVERY can balance that we will have some successful players come thru Tuscaloosa. The game has changed, kids want to score, but we still need defense. I think we are a 500 team this yesr, and I am excited again to watch ALABAMA BASKETBALL. We will beat a few teams this year that we are not suppose to. And tonight was one of those

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Had we ever played them in basketball before?
I was in Coleman when we lost to them in Dec. '05 (the re-dedication of Coleman after the renovations), and then we lost to them the next year at their place. There may have been other games with them but I know of these two for certain.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
That was fun to watch. Beating the Irish at anything is always nice. A tough weekend for the leprechauns - beat at the buzzer two days in a row. Our boys keep this up and I'm gonna half to buy some of those mini packs of tickets. :)
Get them! If I lived in AL instead of VT, I certainly would. Get in on the start of something special!

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact using Tapatalk

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Big wins, from a confidence building standpoint if nothing else. Really impressed with Kessens down the stretch.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Coming into the year, this season was about positive momentum to kickstart the recruiting for CAJ and he's off to a good start. We've gotten walloped by two teams that I think will clearly be in the Tourney field (Dayton may be one of those mid-majors who makes some real noise in March), but we've beaten two teams who are typically in the field and in the past we would have lost to before the tip off.

I like what I'm seeing from our team...that Invitational was a nice little boot camp. I think we came out the other side with a much better idea of what we're doing offensively and defensively.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I've lambasted Grant enough for the last 3 years, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the difference in coaching is having a huge impact. CAJ is constantly teaching and being positive with the kids. Their confidence is beginning to show and a confident player can be the difference in winning and losing.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I've lambasted Grant enough for the last 3 years, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the difference in coaching is having a huge impact. CAJ is constantly teaching and being positive with the kids. Their confidence is beginning to show and a confident player can be the difference in winning and losing.
Retin pretty much said this last night after the game when Chris Stewart asked him about CAJ.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I also wonder how much of an effect of CAJ's NBA background has him being to present a different attitude/confidence when handling late-game situations. Under CAG, you just never felt any confidence in the decisions being made or how it was implemented. This team at least appears to be confident in what they are supposed to execute in late-game situations, and I feel that is coming from CAJ.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
This team at least appears to be confident in what they are supposed to execute in late-game situations, and I feel that is coming from CAJ.
If they've got the game-closing confidence, look out! - they've started every game I've seen (and maybe every game so far this season) on a tear, with great purpose and hustle (shot selection, rebounding, running a more precise offense - OK, got work to do). But you can't help but notice they're exuding that they've been taught what it means to get up and down the floor from the opening tip.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Retin pretty much said this last night after the game when Chris Stewart asked him about CAJ.
I didn't hear that, this was simply my observation. I've watched a very different team this year. It seems as they become more and more comfortable with the system, they are becoming more aggressive both offensively and defensively. I hope the wins energizes the fans and students so that Coleman rocks out this year. Anyone else going to the game in B'ham against Oregon?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I didn't hear that, this was simply my observation. I've watched a very different team this year. It seems as they become more and more comfortable with the system, they are becoming more aggressive both offensively and defensively. I hope the wins energizes the fans and students so that Coleman rocks out this year. Anyone else going to the game in B'ham against Oregon?
He told CS that he tells people the same thing when they ask about CAJ - he's a five star guy that leads the team and causes the players to want to play better.

I plan on going to the Oregon game. Tickets are $12 today.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.