Hey- who's watching, Bama vs. Notre Dame (I'm thinking 42-14 :))

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Had we ever played them in basketball before? Whatever the sport, its always fun to beat the Golden Domers. I never liked Digger Phelps, not sure why, guess it is where (h)e worked.
A little trivia for you: When Digger became ND's coach in '71, he replaced Johnny Dee of Alabama's Rocket-8 fame in the '50s. I'll never forget ND losing 94-29 to Bobby Knight and Indiana his first year. Nor Digger, when ND played in the Mideast Regional in Tuscaloosa in '74, making a plea to local Catholics who might've been basketball fans (few and fewer at the time) for help in recruiting "Mule" King to South Bend. Not a bad guy, nor a terribly bad coach, either - I'd still take him, at 80 years old, over Mike "Smoke & Mirrors (and Moussed Hair)" Bray, who's right up there with Gottfraud of N.C. State in the "Can't Coach" category.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I can tell you from experience with my son that a coach can get into your head and really mess up your game. Likewise, a positive coach can make a good player play great. Positive doesn't have to be a push over. There have been some hard nose coaches that players respect and give 110%. I think we have two of those at Alabama now!

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
I was in Coleman when we lost to them in Dec. '05 (the re-dedication of Coleman after the renovations), and then we lost to them the next year at their place. There may have been other games with them but I know of these two for certain.
We are now 2-3 vs Notre Dame. The other win was at Sugar Bowl Classic in New Orleans on 12/27/01, a 79-76 win.

The Duke

All-American
Oct 25, 2006
Texas
I miss you basketball guys/gals ;)

Great team victory. Here's to hoping they keep the momentum going forward.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.