SEC Champ Game Tickets

ohiotide14

1st Team
Jan 3, 2012
Youngstown, OH
Looking to go to my first SEC Championship game...I see the prices of tickets are trending lower. Should I wait a couple days to get my tickets? Anybody with any experience from past games I appreciate the help. Also any suggestions on hotels within walking distance to the stadium, or does it matter if were within walking distance with available taxis. Thanks

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Well, the general rule is the closer you get to game time, the cheaper the tickets. So wait as long as you can or want. Most people take the Marta (inner city train) for transportation. It is pretty comprehensive from anywhere in ATL. Obviously, it gets busy right before and right after the game.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Well, the general rule is the closer you get to game time, the cheaper the tickets. So wait as long as you can or want. Most people take the Marta (inner city train) for transportation. It is pretty comprehensive from anywhere in ATL. Obviously, it gets busy right before and right after the game.
I live in Atl. Stay away from Marta if you can after the game. Take a cab etc. Going to the game its a good bet. But after the game its a mess.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Looking to go to my first SEC Championship game...I see the prices of tickets are trending lower. Should I wait a couple days to get my tickets? Anybody with any experience from past games I appreciate the help. Also any suggestions on hotels within walking distance to the stadium, or does it matter if were within walking distance with available taxis. Thanks
If you go the stub hub route, check to see if they have a local pickup set in Atlanta. If so you can wait until day of and get tickets for really low.

Last year at the Sugar Bowl there were tickets on sale day of for less than face value in the lower bowl.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
I live in Atl. Stay away from Marta if you can after the game. Take a cab etc. Going to the game its a good bet. But after the game its a mess.
I have been to many SEC Championship games and I have always parked at a Marta lot and taken MARTA to the Ga. Dome. I never had any problems or issues. It is a breeze before the game. After the game it is very crowded but never been a problem.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
Which side of the dome is BAMA?
Bama is the designated home team (it's always the Western Division team in odd-numbered years, and the Eastern team in even numbered years), so the team will be on the southern side of the stadium. The official Bama seating sections all basically the southwestern quadrant -- lower sections 107 to 136 and upper sections 310 to 348. Tide Pride members got tickets delivered by email this afternoon.

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
I have been to many SEC Championship games and I have always parked at a Marta lot and taken MARTA to the Ga. Dome. I never had any problems or issues. It is a breeze before the game. After the game it is very crowded but never been a problem.
I too do the same thing, I have never had a problem getting around on Marta..

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
just fyi. i park at the lakewood/fort mac on the southside (i live about 1 mile from the station). post game, i walk the 3-4 blocks to the garnett station. i am usually 1 of 3 or 4 people on the platform and have never waited more than 5-10 minutes on a southbound train. you also skip the madness of 5-points. last year, after the seccg, i made it home less than 30 minutes after i left my seats. the college park and east point stations are both close to several airport hotels and there is/are lots of free parking available.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
do you park at hamilton holmes?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.