Link: 30 years ago today

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL
I was only a year old, but my parents have told me how nerve-wracking it was and I've watched it a million times on YouTube. It's one of my all time favorite moments in Alabama history. Thank you, Van!!!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It wasn't just the kick, either. From Kevin Porter picking off Shula in the end zone with about 12 minutes left that game was world class.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Every time I watch that I'm amazed at how Richardson was able to drag Luvell Bivens out of bounds. He should have gone down.

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
I remember watching that live 30 years ago and the emotions I felt when it happened. Those emotions come back every time I watch video of it. We were dead in the water after that sack of Shula at the 12. Every play afterwards was incredible.

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
I was 10 years and this is the very first iron bowl I truly watched. I still remember telling my dad , he will knock the heck out of it. My dad looked at me at amazement on how confident I was at 10 that he would hit it. But sometimes you know that you know !. Just like I was right on how this game was going to play out, Almost everyone was saying blow out, not me. Go back and look at my prediction post

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
"The Kick" was part of my childhood & I think the greatest moment in the history of the Iron Bowl..I watch this video of "The Kick" with Paul Kennedy & Doug Layton often during the off-season to keep the blood pumping.. Stan White & Bramlett should take notes cause this is how true sportscasters become legends at what they do..This video literally gives me chills everytime I watch it..

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.