I think we'll be ranked #1 Tuesday night

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
And Clemson falls to #2. Reason I say this, is because the committee will want to build up the chance of an Alabama vs Oklahoma National Championship. That sounds a lot more sexy than Bama vs MSU/Iowa/Clemson or OU vs MSU/Iowa/Clemson.

Or hell, Clemson might fall to #3 and OU to #2.

I think we'll see some variation of this.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
The committee has no such agenda. They have no attachments to money. If I were on the committee, I would absolutely not rank teams in order to create match ups. I can only hope the committee consists of at least a few men of integrity.

I suspect Bama will still be number 2 but hey, I hope you're right. Clemson may be the biggest cupcake of the four teams.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't know what they will do, but I doubt that they will be looking to create match-ups this week. Maybe in their final ranking.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I could honestly see us anywhere from 1 to 3. Oklahoma looked good on Saturday. They could put the Sooners at #1. But the only ranking that matters is next week.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
The committee has no such agenda. They have no attachments to money.
If they have no attachments to money, then why do teams like Baylor and TCU continually get treated like step childs by them? I think money very much plays a role into it and that blue blood programs will always be favored over upstart "no name" programs. Baylor and TCU do not have the fan base. They wont bring huge crowds of fans and fans bring money.

But this isn't just Baylor and TCU. You can throw other teams into that hat too. Boise State is one. I'm sure there are others.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Assuming Clemson and Bama win out and stay #1 and #2, I wouldn't be surprised if the winner of MSU and Iowa wasn't seeded at #3 because they had to win a conference championship game. Sooners, who admittedly looked like the toughest out right now, would be #4 allowing Bama and Sooners to meet in the NC game if they survive the semis.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
If they have no attachments to money, then why do teams like Baylor and TCU continually get treated like step childs by them? I think money very much plays a role into it and that blue blood programs will always be favored over upstart "no name" programs. Baylor and TCU do not have the fan base. They wont bring huge crowds of fans and fans bring money.

But this isn't just Baylor and TCU. You can throw other teams into that hat too. Boise State is one. I'm sure there are others.
Committee members are not paid according to how many fans are in the seats or TV ratings. Baylor and TCU don't need to be ranked any higher than they are.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
People forget that last year, the committee could have done this with Oregon, setting up a traditional Rose Bowl matchup between Oregon and Ohio State and a Sugar Bowl with Alabama and Florida St. They didn't. Conspiracy theories tire me.

Which is not to say we won't be number 1. Since we are, you know, the best.
That's a great point. How soon we forget.

If things hold serve, I think Clemson will be #1, Alabama #2, Big Ten winner #3, and Oklahoma #4. They'll elevate the Big Ten because they played the extra championship game, and Oklahoma did not.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
They'll elevate the Big Ten because they played the extra championship game, and Oklahoma did not.
I think this is right, and it's what most "experts" are projecting. Also, no way we jump to #1 this week. If we had blasted Auburn by something like 4 TD's while Clemson struggled with SC, then maybe. But after letting the last place team in the West hang around into the 4th quarter, one-loss Alabama will not jump undefeated Clemson.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I doubt we'll be number one regardless. Hard to drop a conference champ unbeaten with a decent schedule that includes beating Notre Dame OOC.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This is my thought on this:
I think Clemson and Bama has one final audition this weekend to determine who's no. 1.... IF Bama plays well and dominate Florida and Clemson doesn't... then We'll be no. 1 but Honestly, tomorrow night we'll be no. 2.. and that's okay. We play lot better when we're not ranked no. 1 until this weekend. I'm more concerned about who we'll play against after we take are of our business against Gators

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
The thing about the committee is that they are very consistent about voting based on the eye test and resume of that week as well as the whole of the season. Last week the moved OU from (if memory serves me correctly) roughly #7 down to #3, and Notre Dame from #4 to #6. All based on that weeks performance.

Going by that logic, if they remain consistent, they would move up the team who had the most impressive victory of the weekend.

Clemson struggled against a 3 win team.

Bama dominated the game, but not the scoreboard against a .500 team.

Iowa beat a sub .500 team, but not convincingly.

OU dragged a top 10 team all over their own home field, and then chased them back to their bus.

Based on that alone, it wouldn't shock me if OU moved to #1, and #1-3 dropped a spot. Now I don't know if the committee will drop an undefeated team for a 1 loss team, but it would be consistent with how they've operated the ranking this far.

Either way, won't have an impact. Everyone knows where they stand, and there is little chance of chaos between 1-5. Only thing that has the potential to change would be minor changes to the matchups.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
The thing about the committee is that they are very consistent about voting based on the eye test and resume of that week as well as the whole of the season. Last week the moved OU from (if memory serves me correctly) roughly #7 down to #3, and Notre Dame from #4 to #6. All based on that weeks performance.

Going by that logic, if they remain consistent, they would move up the team who had the most impressive victory of the weekend.

Clemson struggled against a 3 win team.

Bama dominated the game, but not the scoreboard against a .500 team.

Iowa beat a sub .500 team, but not convincingly.

OU dragged a top 10 team all over their own home field, and then chased them back to their bus.

Based on that alone, it wouldn't shock me if OU moved to #1, and #1-3 dropped a spot. Now I don't know if the committee will drop an undefeated team for a 1 loss team, but it would be consistent with how they've operated the ranking this far.

Either way, won't have an impact. Everyone knows where they stand, and there is little chance of chaos between 1-5. Only thing that has the potential to change would be minor changes to the matchups.
Frankly, I'd rather OU have the no. 1 ranking as a target on their backs instead of ours. Our fans will travel better than theirs regardless and we seem to play much better when we are the underdog.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
If they use the EYE test, then the Sooners should be ranked #1. Let us be the dog for a change and not the TARGET!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.