I think we'll be ranked #1 Tuesday night

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Bama and Oklahoma should not play each other in the semi, and after that I don't care how we are ranked. It is looking again like the best 2 will play each other first.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
The committee has no such agenda. They have no attachments to money. If I were on the committee, I would absolutely not rank teams in order to create match ups. I can only hope the committee consists of at least a few men of integrity.

I suspect Bama will still be number 2 but hey, I hope you're right. Clemson may be the biggest cupcake of the four teams.
They already did last year. The committee clearly wanted Bama vs FSU in the title game. If they had managed to actually watch the games, FSU would clearly have been #4, but then that would put them against Bama in the semis. Plus they got a Saban-Meyer rematch in the semis to create story lines.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
I dont care where we are ranked, as long as we are in the top 4. Now I would much rather be matched up against clemson or big ten champ. Oklahoma in my opinion will be very tough to beat. They are scary right now and playing very well.

rtcjny

All-SEC
Jan 27, 2011
Hartselle ,AL
Like a lot of others I could care less where we are ranked as long as it is in the top 4. As for the scary Oklahoma if we really are the best team we will have to beat the best. Bring them on.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I've kind of assumed that Bama would end up number 1 if they kept winning -- if they don't make the leap now (after a less than impressive Clemson showing against a South Carolina team that just lost to the Citadel) then they probably won't. I don't think Florida's flaccid offense garners enough respect for a dominant SEC Title game showing to propel them to 1 unless Clemson loses.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
They already did last year. The committee clearly wanted Bama vs FSU in the title game. If they had managed to actually watch the games, FSU would clearly have been #4, but then that would put them against Bama in the semis. Plus they got a Saban-Meyer rematch in the semis to create story lines.
It's not clear at all. How do you know with such clarity that the committee wanted Bama/FSU in the finals? Why was a Bama/FSU matchup more favorable than a Bama/tOSU or Bama/Oregon or any other combination? This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Oklahoma has played Baylor and TCU with their back up QB's and Oklahoma State's QB was out most of that game.None of those teams play a lick of defense. Nothing scary about playing the Sooners if you are Alabama. Bring big mouth Stoops on.
I dont care where we are ranked, as long as we are in the top 4. Now I would much rather be matched up against clemson or big ten champ. Oklahoma in my opinion will be very tough to beat. They are scary right now and playing very well.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
It's not clear at all. How do you know with such clarity that the committee wanted Bama/FSU in the finals? Why was a Bama/FSU matchup more favorable than a Bama/tOSU or Bama/Oregon or any other combination? This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Agreed.

From a money/marketing standpoint Bama/tOSU was easily the sexiest match-up.

I just think FSU was incredibly underwhelming all year long (almost losing to several mediocre ACC teams) but they couldn't justify dropping them further because they were undefeated defending national champs.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
I don't think we will be ranked #1.

We could have been ranked #1 after the Miss State game, but the committee decided not to do it. I don't think enough has changed since then to justify a change.

I would like to avoid OU in the first round however.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
Frankly, I'd rather OU have the no. 1 ranking as a target on their backs instead of ours. Our fans will travel better than theirs regardless and we seem to play much better when we are the underdog.
Oklahoma will send as many fans as Alabama wherever the game may be played. And if we get them in the first round in Dallas, they will have more people there than we do because it's so close to home for them. It would be the same thing in reverse if they had to play us in Atlanta.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.