According to OSU player, Mike Thomas, we shouldn't be ranked #2

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Who cares? Win and we're in and everyone knows it, and there's nothing they can do about it. Anyone who doesn't like it can suck eggs.

Exactly!
It was last weeks AP poll. Which, funny thing about his standards. By his metrics, both us and them have the same record against the top 25, 0-1. Not exactly helping his case, is he.
I don't know if he knows this but his team has struggled mightily against inferior competition all season and he wants to talk about Alabama? HA!!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Wisc 9 wins, MTSU has 7 or 8, OM has 9 wins, UT has 8, A&M has 8, LSU 9, Arkansas 7, State has 8, UGA has 9, Auburn has 6.....10 bowl eligible teams, can anyone even get close to that?

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Wisc 9 wins, MTSU has 7 or 8, OM has 9 wins, UT has 8, A&M has 8, LSU 9, Arkansas 7, State has 8, UGA has 9, Auburn has 6.....10 bowl eligible teams, can anyone even get close to that?
I calculated that on Saturday when a few of my friends were talking smack. Most of the contenders in the top 10 have opponent winning percentages in the 50-55% range. Of the several I calculated, most averaged about 7 bowl eligible opponents.

To support that, here are the top four teams in the B1G:
MSU played 8 bowl eligible teams
OSU and Michigan played 7
Iowa played 4

In other conferences,
Notre Dame played 6
Oklahoma played 8
North Carolina face 5
Stanford played 9
Clemson played 5

And don't get me started on average records. Many of those bowl eligible opponents are 6-6 and 7-5. Barely even bowl eligible. Our average opponent won almost 8 games, and on the entire season, only 4 of the FBS opponents we played won fewer than 8 games. Auburn, La Monroe, MTSU, and Arkansas.

That is why nearly every source who calculates the numbers, has us in the top 3 of SoS. We earned where we are.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Ohio State on the other hand.....

Virginia Tech 6 wins, Hawaii has 2 wins, Northern Illinois 8 wins, Western Michigan 7 wins, Indiana 6 wins, Maryland 3 wins, Penn State 7 wins, Rutgers 4 wins, Minnesota 5 wins, Illinois Football 5 wins, Mich State 11 wins...

6 bowl eligible teams.....

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
His logic reminds me of what my dear departed dad used to say (although it was really about politicians) "Figures don't lie - but liars sure can figure."

Like someone said earlier- you can bend the facts and stats to suit your narrative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
That's not very nice. You make it seem like Mr. Thomas might be biased or that his logic might be flawed. :wink:

Last edited:

RollTideMustang

3rd Team
Aug 27, 2011
Killen, Alabama
www.myyearbook.com
The fact is this now is it Alabama's fault that those teams lose? Another fact the rank is what the teams is so I do not see his Logic there. We played more rank teams than Ohio St. has...His LOGIC is Debunked & it is Ignorant.
2 rank teams vs our 6 rank teams we played. Where is the Logic he saying we can not be ranked #2 when they played only 2 rank teams? Hmmmmmmmmm... I wonder did he think before open his mouth?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Why is Heather Dinich treated like she knows her college football? She's been shut up MORE than once after she has opened that huge trap of hers. You'd figure she would have learned by now.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

Cyrus Jones: Ohio State WR “delusional” for questioning Crimson Tide’s ranking, schedule

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
For the past few years my nephew has gotten into some pretty good twitter wars with Danny Kannell regarding his blatant anti-Alabama and anti-SEC rhetoric. This goes back to when he was still part of ESPNU's "UNITE".

After ESPN hired him to be part of the Playoff Selection Show, he admitted to my nephew on twitter that he was trolling. It's all a schtick. Kanell knows what's really going on. He doesn't really feel the way he's projecting his anti-SEC or anti-Alabama biased opinion. He knows better.

Joey Galloway on the other hand, is simply biased and actually believes what he's saying. He's still butthurt about the '95 Citrus Bowl. Remember when he had LSU #2 and kept saying he thought they were the best team in the country behind Ohio St.? He kept saying that he believed that every team he had ranked ahead of Alabama would all beat Alabama in a football game.... and used that as his justification for his rankings. Which is fine....

....except Alabama actually beat LSU by two touchdowns.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I've got a bunch of friends who are either Clemson fans or grads thumping their chests on fb right now. One posted a rant by Cowherd in which he apparently exposes Alabama and the SEC as weak and beneficiaries of incorrect perception.

It gives me a chuckle. Let them have their fun while they can. Clemson won't be taking home any NC trophy this year, but at least they will have one more championship than Ohio State lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.