According to OSU player, Mike Thomas, we shouldn't be ranked #2

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
I've got a bunch of friends who are either Clemson fans or grads thumping their chests on fb right now. One posted a rant by Cowherd in which he apparently exposes Alabama and the SEC as weak and beneficiaries of incorrect perception.

It gives me a chuckle. Let them have their fun while they can. Clemson won't be taking home any NC trophy this year, but at least they will have one more championship than Ohio State lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here in Oklahoma I'm hearing it from my Sooner and Cowboy friends, co-workers, and family. I'm just laughing at them and begging them to please keep believing that and we'll open up discussion on it again in January. RTR!

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Serious question, who is Heather Dinich and why is she ESPN's playoff expert? I don't remember seeing before this year and don't understand she is held in such high regard by ESPN. What experience does she have that qualifies her for the position that ESPN has given to her?

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Serious question, who is Heather Dinich and why is she ESPN's playoff expert? I don't remember seeing before this year and don't understand she is held in such high regard by ESPN. What experience does she have that qualifies her for the position that ESPN has given to her?
Degree in journalism from the football power Illinois apparently qualifies her as one of ESPNs foremost authorities on college football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
She joined ESPN in 2007 as a college football reporter/writer. I found the below ESPN Front Row interview with her about her current position, which she apparently got last year.

First year of new beat for Dinich wraps up with Sunday’s CFP selections

After six seasons of covering the same conference (the ACC), ESPN college football reporter Heather Dinich was up for a new challenge. She hoped to cover the sport from a national perspective. Her resulting beat was one that didn’t even exist a year ago: Dinich was assigned to be ESPN’s beat reporter for the new, four-team College Football Playoff. That meant covering a whole different kind of team – the CFP Selection Committee and everything that comes with it.

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
Mike Thomas, Heather Dinich...who are these people? Why should I care what they think of Alabama? Kannell I know. He has been in the Southeastern US long enough for his lack of common sense to become infamous. So, no, I definitely do not care what he thinks.

Just...go away.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
She joined ESPN in 2007 as a college football reporter/writer. I found the below ESPN Front Row interview with her about her current position, which she apparently got last year.

First year of new beat for Dinich wraps up with Sunday’s CFP selections

Oh............good grief....I think my IQ dropped 5 points, reading that. (Not blaming you, '91.........did it on my own.)

What a load of self-aggrandizing codswallop.

"Well, I got to hang around the lobby, of the Gaylord Resort, over there in Grapevine. And see if I could schmooze with members of the committee. Some day, we will look back on all of this, and see I was there, right when it started! Yay, me!"

ESPN should change their name to Fognl Network. It would make more sense.

CrimsonHammer

Scout Team
May 27, 2014
Clarksville, TN
Wisc 9 wins, MTSU has 7 or 8, OM has 9 wins, UT has 8, A&M has 8, LSU 9, Arkansas 7, State has 8, UGA has 9, Auburn has 6.....10 bowl eligible teams, can anyone even get close to that?
It is very hard to simultaneously say that the SEC is overrated and relies only on perception when that many 8 and 9 win teams are getting a severe lack of respect with concern to rankings. You are what your record says you are.* Our opponents have been winners. Ohio State has played a bunch of losers and then lost to their first challenging opponent. Bye, Felicia (Unless Clemson loses...)!

*Unless you are Iowa.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
They only lost their luster if you don't understand (or believe in) the depth of the SECw. These pundits see all of those 3-4 loss teams in the SECw as proof that the SECw is average at best. They ignore the fact that almost all of those losses came to other teams in the SECw, and that the SECw dominated the rest of its collective schedule.

Again, the strength of your conference is no longer an advantage with the playoff. It is being used against you. If the SEC doesn't win the championship this year, this story line will become even more prevalent. The rest of the college football world wants to use the playoff as proof that your SoS is inflated and that the SEC isn't, and never was, all that great.
When another team wins 3 out of 4 National Championships in the BCS or what ever they call it now then they can come light me up. But untill then Roll Tide. And I could care less about the SEC. Its Bama that I care about ....

CrimsonHammer

Scout Team
May 27, 2014
Clarksville, TN
It is very hard to simultaneously say that the SEC is overrated and relies only on perception when that many 8 and 9 win teams are getting a severe lack of respect with concern to rankings. You are what your record says you are.* Our opponents have been winners. Ohio State has played a bunch of losers and then lost to their first challenging opponent. Bye, Felicia (Unless Clemson loses...)!

*Unless you are Iowa.
I see that Tennessee and LSU have moved back into the rankings.

DollarTaker

Suspended
Jul 17, 2015
Destin, FL
Come on guys, what fun would this time of the year be if everyone said the same thing? Who would even watch if that was the case. These people on TV and the radio have jobs because they talk against the grain. Cowerd, Kannel, etc. they make a living saying things that get people mad.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Come on guys, what fun would this time of the year be if everyone said the same thing? Who would even watch if that was the case. These people on TV and the radio have jobs because they talk against the grain. Cowerd, Kannel, etc. they make a living saying things that get people mad.
Yes, they are just talking heads but it would be better watching if they had some semblance of logic and knowledge to discuss their opinions. The excuse that they are just trying to create controversy wears thin after a while. Without substance they are just entertainers and have nothing to offer over the biased fans on team message boards.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.