According to OSU player, Mike Thomas, we shouldn't be ranked #2

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

Is this dude serious? Oh, how I cannot stand Ohio State. Like they have played anybody. I also heard Kanell say basically the same thing over the weekend. Not that we shouldn't be in the top 4, but about the teams aren't ranked now. They don't mention they were ranked when we played them.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Is this dude serious? Oh, how I cannot stand Ohio State. Like they have played anybody. I also heard Kannell say basically the same thing over the weekend. Not that we shouldn't be in the top 4, but about the teams aren't ranked now. They don't mention they were ranked when we played them.
who cares

I don't care what he thinks, but where is the logic coming from?
That's just the thing. There is no logic. Just trying to get in the playoff. If you don't have 132 total yards against Michigan State who should have shut you out, then you'd been in the playoff. Guess what? You had 132 total yards and shouldn't be in the playoff, and you probably won't be.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
SMH at how people like him and Dopey Kannell conveniently overlook the ranking of our opponents at the time we played them.

Thereby, inter alia, ignoring the impact of the beating we laid on 'em...

fundytide

1st Team
Oct 22, 1999
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Is this dude serious? Oh, how I cannot stand Ohio State. Like they have played anybody. I also heard Kanell say basically the same thing over the weekend. Not that we shouldn't be in the top 4, but about the teams aren't ranked now. They don't mention they were ranked when we played them.
2015 FBS strength of schedule as of Nov 30th: Alabama #2, Ohio State #35.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
But Alabama has a better record against the Big Ten than Ohio State does (hey, if dim wit can make an argument that doesn't tell the whole story, so can I).

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Listen very carefully: These are the same people who REFUSED to believe the polls during the SEC seven year dominance. NOW they believe the polls :mad::eek2: These are the same people who REFUSED to acknowledge SEC dominance in bowl wins. NOW (that the SEC has lost several) they are touting the bowl results. These are the same people who refused the accept the SEC dominance in OOC games but now that the ACC has a winning record in our OOC games they can't wait to jump on those stats.

In other words these are really, really STUPID PEOPLE. GOT IT?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I hate when players spout off like this. He is jusr regurgitating what the likes of Dinich and Kanell are saying on ESPN.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I included Florida since we will play them - did not include Charleston Southern.

Ohio State opponents: 74-73 (SOS: 35)
Alabama opponents: 90-53 (SOS: 1)

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
Heather Dinich, Kanell, and Galloway all spout the same BS. Even when they put this idiotic argument forward, they ignore the fact that by this time next week we will have beaten Wisconsin, Florida, and LSU while losing to Ole Miss-- all of which are currently in the AP and Coaches Poll Top 25.

I have to say I've been pleased that the CFP committee seems to ignore these idiots.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
The Circle of Trust must get to say whatever they want, when they want. Heck at Bama, the assistant coaches can't even make statements like this!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
All teams suck, let me lay down the proof:

Alabama: Lost to a 3-loss team at home in September and only beat two fringe top 25 teams!

Oklahoma: Lost to Texas...not going to a bowl Texas! They only won the Big-12 because everyone got hurt on Baylor and TCU, plus they're Okie Lite's daddy anyway.

Ohio State: Their first ten games might as well been preseason then they lost to Michigan State playing a backup QB.

Clemson: Almost lost to Notre Dame despite having a 3-score lead in the fourth quarter then caught a down-year FSU. South Carolina almost beat them for crying out loud!

Michigan State: They lost to a bad Nebraska team and shouldn't have even beat Michigan who is also overrated.

Iowa: They've only beaten an overrated Northwestern and a fringe top-25 team. Their schedule was soft!

So as you can see, everyone sucks when you decide they suck.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I was under the impression that a team got credit for the game when it was played, i.e. UGA was ranked when Bama beat them so it counts as a ranked win. When did this change? If you don't count ranked wins that way then you are essentially penalizing the winning team in regard to SOS..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I was under the impression that a team got credit for the game when it was played, i.e. UGA was ranked when Bama beat them so it counts as a ranked win. When did this change? If you don't count ranked wins that way then you are essentially penalizing the winning team in regard to SOS..
Fans use the argument that supports their point of view. If you beat a team in week 1 that is unranked, but they never lose another game and are ranked in the top 5 at the end of the season, did you beat an unranked team or a top 5 team?

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
It also doesn't take this into account: how do we know losing to Bama didn't lead to future losses? Do people really think Arkansas and OM would have beaten LSU if LSU had dominated Bama? Look at their records before they play Bama and after...there's a huge difference.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We must admit that some of our "feather in the cap" wins lost their luster as the season progressed. Still, when you look at our season as a whole objectively you realized that we played an above average team more often than not in the regular season. We didn't play any teams who finished with double-digit wins, but lets be real the teams with those kinds of wins in the top six teams have some caveats. OU beat TCU and Baylor but those teams were decimated (almost in the literal Roman sense of the word) with injuries. OSU basically had 10 gimme wins to start the season, who knows what they would have looked like if they played just a couple of the better teams on the opposite side of their conference...because they didn't really look good all season until beating up on Michigan in the last game.

Alabama's resume is built on the fact that they played a lot of good teams and came out 11-1 despite really putting themselves behind the 8-ball early in the season before the slog through their schedule got properly started. I mean, Alabama was predicted to win 9 games against their schedule in the preseason and came out winning 11 games while the SOS stayed around the preseason watermark.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.