Woman survives car crash unscathed, killed walking back to her car to get her purse

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
A lot of the comments are insulting to this woman. After an accident like that, which may have involved head trauma, you're not always thinking clearly.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
A lot of the comments are insulting to this woman. After an accident like that, which may have involved head trauma, you're not always thinking clearly.
Exactly. Probably concussed and didn't realize it. There may not have been any outward signs of injury but the flipping of the car and the impact itself could have caused a concussion from the "whipping" of the head.

Sad.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
Reminds me of an incident 20+ years ago. A man's car just happens to stall on some railroad tracks. Then, before he can get it started, he sees a train coming. He does the smart thing and instead of trying to save the car, he gets out and starts running. The train hits the car, launches it in the air and it just happens to land on the man 50 yards away killing him.

When its your time, its your time ...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Brittany Leith, mother of a three-year-old girl, was left completely uninjured when her Nissan hit the center median and flipped over onto its roof on Long Island's Southern State Parkway at 3.54am.
25 years old.

Out at 3-4 AM.

I want to know what she was doing out that late and whether or not she had been drinking.

A good mother does not do that.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
The only thing that could possibly be in my car that would make me try to cross highway traffic would be Little Catfish.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Reminds me of an incident 20+ years ago. A man's car just happens to stall on some railroad tracks. Then, before he can get it started, he sees a train coming. He does the smart thing and instead of trying to save the car, he gets out and starts running. The train hits the car, launches it in the air and it just happens to land on the man 50 yards away killing him.

So, apparently the guy went downrange of the train's path instead of uprange? Genius. :rolleyes:

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
25 years old.

Out at 3-4 AM.

I want to know what she was doing out that late and whether or not she had been drinking.

A good mother does not do that.

That's easy to say but I know plenty of good mothers that get off work that time of morning. These are complicated times we live in.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Bottom line: Someone has to take charge of the scene and keep a likely disoriented person - concussed or not - from putting herself in further danger. Most people don't have that kind of training or don't feel comfortable taking charge of the scene like that. It's very unfortunate. She's not the first this has happened to and won't be the last.

tidegrandpa

All-American

1989 Indianapolis 500, 450,000 in crowd, 1 poor guy in crowd gets beaned by wheel and tire off car in back stretch. His day.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.