Missouri Declines Their Bowl Bid?

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
I'm wondering if there's ANY circumstance where a SEC team forfeits their share of the bowl payoff pie, e.g., refusing to play in a bowl game.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
From the ESPN article regarding this topic, this is a sure sign we have too many bowl games now:
This. And there was talk of adding more bowl games? NO
I do not watch any of theses mediocre teams play in these games, even though some of them do have some entertainment value (I remember the one here in Mobile when Leftwich was QB at Marshall).

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This. And there was talk of adding more bowl games? NO
I do not watch any of theses mediocre teams play in these games, even though some of them do have some entertainment value (I remember the one here in Mobile when Leftwich was QB at Marshall).
At that point I will be starving for college football again and will watch. I even attend a few - tickets are cheap. They help the programs and reward the kids. I like them, and the kids appreciate them.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Can't we just give teams a participation trophy instead if they are 5-7. Honestly, they should just cancel the bowl game if there are not eligible teams. 6-6 is plenty sucky enough as a low bar criteria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Can't we just give teams a participation trophy instead if they are 5-7. Honestly, they should just cancel the bowl game if there are not eligible teams. 6-6 is plenty sucky enough as a low bar criteria.

They have already lowered the bar by allowing one of the 6 wins to be an FCS school - used to be 6 division 1 wins required to qualify

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.