Derrick Henry and Calvin Ridley Season Numbers

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
If Henry continues what hes doing and leads us to another Natty, then Henry will go down as the best SEC RB in history and mentioned in the same breath as Hershel and Bo.

Henry has big shoulders. I think he knows the offense goes as he does.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
The main thing is that Henry is doing this in the SEC. Better yet, the SECw. Moreover, he is doing it in today's SECw.

There's getting 2000 yards in a season, and then there is what Henry has done this year. JMO, but I believe that what Henry has done this year surpasses the best single season for a RB in the history of the sport. Not saying that this makes him the best RB in the history of the sport, but this season his accomplishments surpass anything that I have witnessed or read about. If he doesn't win the Heisman they should just retire the trophy.
That makes Barry Sanders number even more impressive than it already is.
Yup, What Henry has done this year is certainly special. What Barry Sanders did IMO was every bit as special.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yup, What Henry has done this year is certainly special. What Barry Sanders did IMO was every bit as special.
I agree, but remember that Barry Sanders was their entire offense and he got huge yardage in games that were long over. If Henry was used like Barry was he would have 3000 yards rushing right now. That is why few backs ever have monster seasons - they are too important to their teams to leave them in. They left Barry in, just like WI left Gordon in last year.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I agree, but remember that Barry Sanders was their entire offense and he got huge yardage in games that were long over. If Henry was used like Barry was he would have 3000 yards rushing right now. That is why few backs ever have monster seasons - they are too important to their teams to leave them in. They left Barry in, just like WI left Gordon in last year.
Can't argue with that. That brings up another special thing about both of them (and Gordon too). One never knows how durable they are going to be when a huge load is put on them. Sanders proved he certainly was as has Henry.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
This is why he quickly became my favorite RB at Alabama. As soon as he signed I knew he would be special for Alabama and to think he almost walked away. I guess he thought the learning curve was too steep. I believe he will carry us to #16 with some help. The guy is just that good. Roll Tide!
And to think a lot of our posters thought he should be a LB. I'm guessing those posters won't own up to those comments.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
And to think a lot of our posters thought he should be a LB. I'm guessing those posters won't own up to those comments.
What better time for him to play LB but in the SEC championship game :biggrin2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.