Question: When will we get a Flyover at Bryant Denny?

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
The F-16 Flyover was so cool at Jordan Hare. They came in low and LOUD! I cannot remember the last time we had a flyover. I think that the best was several years ago when we had a B-52 come in slow, low, and loud.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I thought they weren't supposed to be doing that anymore (sequestration), because you know, it is kind of a waste of money to use a military aircraft to entertain people at a sports game. I did think flyovers were cool, but that explanation made plenty of sense to me.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I imagine that military assets under the state's Air National Guard would be easier to spin up since they fall under the command of the governor.

beardensdaman44

All-SEC
Mar 7, 2006
We were in the upper deck for the 2005 LSU game. They flew way too low and seemed to nearly take out the crane in the north endzone, this was when they were expanding that endzone. I remember physically seeing the pilot of the plane. And I nearly needed a new pair of underwear.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I understand sequestration and all, but if the equipment has to be exercised or a training flight anyway, why not flyover a sports event and show off what taxpayers bought.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD....if anyone here knows anyone at the University at the level appropriate to do a plan or work this issue. I'm kinda a pilot in southern Alabama and we've talked about this for a little bit amongst ourselves, trying to figure out how to get a conversation started about this.

My friends at the 101st out of Campbell did the flyover of the super bowl last year(post sequestration) so they must have figured simmering out.

And yes we're only helicopters (60s, 47s, 64s, 72s) so hopefully it wouldn't be too disappointing.

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
I remember being in the upper deck at Legion Field many years ago for a Tennessee game, and the local ANG Phantoms flew a few unscheduled passes over the field in the second half. That was better than a pregame flyover, and I think some people got in trouble for it.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I remember being in the upper deck at Legion Field many years ago for a Tennessee game, and the local ANG Phantoms flew a few unscheduled passes over the field in the second half. That was better than a pregame flyover, and I think some people got in trouble for it.
I was at that game and if I am not mistaken the flyover happened at a crucial part of the game for Tennessee on a 3rd down. I think it forced them to jump offsides and put them in 3rd and long where we stopped them and they never threatened again that day.

rtcjny

All-SEC
Jan 27, 2011
Hartselle ,AL
We were in the upper deck for the 2005 LSU game. They flew way too low and seemed to nearly take out the crane in the north endzone, this was when they were expanding that endzone. I remember physically seeing the pilot of the plane. And I nearly needed a new pair of underwear.
That was one of the most memorable moments I have had at a Bama game.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
I was at that game and if I am not mistaken the flyover happened at a crucial part of the game for Tennessee on a 3rd down. I think it forced them to jump offsides and put them in 3rd and long where we stopped them and they never threatened again that day.
Heck yeah, the REC at work again!:biggrin:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
The F-16 Flyover was so cool at Jordan Hare. They came in low and LOUD! I cannot remember the last time we had a flyover. I think that the best was several years ago when we had a B-52 come in slow, low, and loud.
Actually it was a KC-135

They still have them at NASCAR races.
Matter of fact and IIRC, the Alabama Air National Guard flew a B-2 bomber for a flyby over Talladega this year.

dirkg

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 12, 2014
www.facebook.com
Perhaps the reason for the fly over was a last ditch attempt to "dry the field" with the wind coming of the planes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.