How does Henry translate to the NFL?

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
A few years ago I would thought that he would be a mega star. Now after recent events (Trent Richardson). I just don't know. The NFL is so different. How many NFL stars had we not heard of in college? It is a different world. Who would have thought that Tom Brady would become one of the greatest NFL QBs of all time and JaMarcus Russell would be one of the biggest busts.
Brady brought Michigan back from 14 point deficits TWICE against Bama in the '00 Orange Bowl. That may not be a predictor of NFL stardom, but nobody who watched that game was surprised with his NFL success.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I never said that. I was simply saying that Bosa is more of a top 25... not top 5... But we'll know more after combine.

He could choose to not work out at the combine and go in the top 5. That is how highly rated he is right now. If you paid any attention to B1G football, you would know this.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
He could choose to not work out at the combine and go in the top 5. That is how highly rated he is right now. If you paid any attention to B1G football, you would know this.

No offense, but guess what...............a lot of us do not.

The good news is you are now the de facto expert on our next opponent.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Just one scouts opinion - he gave Henry a 4th round grade. Biggest detriment, in the scouts opinion, is that Henry cannot create running lanes by himself whereas someone like Ezekiel Elliott can..
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...out-derrick-henry-looks-like-fourthround-pick
Interesting he says that. Henry is capable of doing that, but I think he trust his OL more than Elliott does... IJS.. Henry will not be a 4th round pick... No way he drops all the way to 4th round.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
His 'Straight Up' style will be trouble for him in the NFL!
The NFL just ain't college, he'll take some massive hits that in time will turn into injuries!
I don't care how much you work out, you're body will only take so much,
then it will tell you to shut down for awhile at least!

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
I think that he means that you can't give RBs that many carries in the NFL because of the beatings that they take. Not sure if that is necessarily true - there have been a few backs who could take that kind of work load and stay injury free (Emmitt Smith comes to mind), but it is rare.
BUT Emmitt could juke with the best of them, thus saving his body some extra punishment...

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
It might be interesting to see what happens if Henry keeps grading out as a 3rd-4th Rd pick. I've seen that quite a bit as well. I wonder if he does grade that lowly if he even considers coming back for his Sr year? With the running back shelf life, I can't imagine that he would, but it's an interesting line of thought.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
It might be interesting to see what happens if Henry keeps grading out as a 3rd-4th Rd pick. I've seen that quite a bit as well. I wonder if he does grade that lowly if he even considers coming back for his Sr year? With the running back shelf life, I can't imagine that he would, but it's an interesting line of thought.
Not a chance. One of the main reasons why is the rookie pay scale that was implemented several years ago. There really isn't that much difference in guaranteed money in a 2nd round pick and a 4th round pick. For rookies, it's more about being able to get to that second contract..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Henry to the Seatlle Seahawks? That would be a great landing spot for Henry.

That said, Bucky Brooks had something interesting to say about Henry today:
“He’s an explosive athlete having been around him in High School. I know he’s going to be a guy that clocks extreme times — probably a 4.4 in the forty and a 42-inch vertical.”
Henry is 6-3 and 242lbs. If he runs in the 4.4’s and jumps a 42-inch vertical he might be the only human being on the planet capable of that achievement.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seahawksd...ck-henry-could-become-interesting-to-seattle/

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Henry has faults, slow start, getting started. You cannot ignore the tape and the yards and the yards per carry and the strength. He ran away from college players like they were HS players. Not sure what kind of back he will be, full time? But he will break for TD's in the NFL just like college.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Henry to the Seatlle Seahawks? That would be a great landing spot for Henry.

That said, Bucky Brooks had something interesting to say about Henry today:
“He’s an explosive athlete having been around him in High School. I know he’s going to be a guy that clocks extreme times — probably a 4.4 in the forty and a 42-inch vertical.”
Henry is 6-3 and 242lbs. If he runs in the 4.4’s and jumps a 42-inch vertical he might be the only human being on the planet capable of that achievement.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seahawksd...ck-henry-could-become-interesting-to-seattle/
"Dear Mr. Henry. Thank you for applying to the National Football League. At this time we regret to inform you that you are over qualified to be a member of our league. You are too tall to be a running back, too massive to be a receiver, too fast to be a line backer, too athletic to be a tight end, too powerful to be a safety, and so forth. Your athleticism places you in a category beyond our qualifications. While we regret we cannot offer you a position at this time, we would like to encourage you to consider other fields where your talents will not go to waste. In particular, we believe you would make a superb fantasy creature such as a werewolf or an interstellar space Predator. Best regards, the NFL. PS, we'll give you anything you want. Just please don't hunt us down and string us from your space ship."

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
"Dear Mr. Henry. Thank you for applying to the National Football League. At this time we regret to inform you that you are over qualified to be a member of our league. You are too tall to be a running back, too massive to be a receiver, too fast to be a line backer, too athletic to be a tight end, too powerful to be a safety, and so forth. Your athleticism places you in a category beyond our qualifications. While we regret we cannot offer you a position at this time, we would like to encourage you to consider other fields where your talents will not go to waste. In particular, we believe you would make a superb fantasy creature such as a werewolf or an interstellar space Predator. Best regards, the NFL. PS, we'll give you anything you want. Just please don't hunt us down and string us from your space ship."
Well done!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
He is the next JJ Watt, "great white hope".....he bailed in the bowl game, so he didn't have to play in an unnecessary game (my opinion only). He (again, to me) is way too overrated.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.