How does Henry translate to the NFL?

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
He reminds me of Eddie George. I think if he has a career like George did, that some NFL team will be happy.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
He is way faster than George and a bit bigger. Not sure how that will translate though. Like most running backs these days, he will need an oline that can open at least a little hole. On the positive side, it doesn't take much for him to get 3 to 4 yards which isn't too bad these days. He can block and I think he can catch though we haven't seen much of that.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No idea. He has the power and the speed, but he still struggles to make players miss in the backfield.

It is really hard to project RBs in the NFL. Guys from small schools that are totally overlooked become super stars and guys like Trent become total busts.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
He can't bowl over players in the NFL like he did Auburn last Saturday. He also can't handle the work load we have given him. But the one thing he has that will get him payed is break away speed. That you can't coach and it's hard to find. He will be a player in the NFL but his carry load will be like 10-12 carries a game. They also might try to get him more involved in the passing game on 3rd downs than we have.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Eddie George was 6'3 235. He ran 4.4 / 4.5 according to some websites I just looked at.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Eddie George was 6'3 235. He ran 4.4 / 4.5 according to some websites I just looked at.
The NFL has changed a lot in the last 10 years. Henry would be a beast in the NFL 20 years ago (when Eddie was drafted).

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Henry will be successful if he goes to a team that utilizes one running back instead of running back by committee. Look at TJ Yeldon. He's had fantastic production this year because he plays on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down most of the game. He gets almost all the carries and a few passes each game. Henry needs to go to a team that will feed him the ball. I know a lot of people can't stand Cam but honestly a team like the Panthers would be a really good spot for Henry. The Panthers are dedicated to the power running game. I see Henry going 2nd-3rd round. I hope he goes higher but I think to many teams have been burned recently on taking a RB in the 1st round..

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
He'd probably need to run out of an I-formation. A little deeper in the backfield to get those first few steps going.

He seems to have great vision and acceleration, but just needs that first couple of steps to get going.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
He is way faster than George and a bit bigger. Not sure how that will translate though. Like most running backs these days, he will need an oline that can open at least a little whole. On the positive side, it doesn't take much for him to get 3 to 4 yards which isn't too bad these days. He can block and I think he can catch though we haven't seen much of that.
Dallas has the O-Line. Maybe one of the best in the country. They sorely need a strong running back. Btw, I HATE the Cowboys.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
He can't bowl over players in the NFL like he did Auburn last Saturday. He also can't handle the work load we have given him. But the one thing he has that will get him payed is break away speed. That you can't coach and it's hard to find. He will be a player in the NFL but his carry load will be like 10-12 carries a game. They also might try to get him more involved in the passing game on 3rd downs than we have.
What do you mean? 46 carries is quite a workload if you ask me.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that he means that you can't give RBs that many carries in the NFL because of the beatings that they take. Not sure if that is necessarily true - there have been a few backs who could take that kind of work load and stay injury free (Emmitt Smith comes to mind), but it is rare.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Any team committed to a power running game, a la Dallas or Minnesota, he will fit in well. Even New England would use him well -- when they had the line and backs they played power football a few years ago. Does he work better when deeper...yes. We haven't thrown the drop off pass to him much...that is missing in our arsenal under LK.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I think what he was saying is that 46 carries in a game in the NFL is not going to happen. The team won't do it but a player would never hold up to that kind of punishment.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
32 GM's would really like to know but unfortunately it is somewhat a crapshoot at this point.
I think he'll be a stud.

Of course, I also thought Trent Richardson would be a stud. So who knows.
This. There's no telling how he'll do. I'm not sure there was one scout or analysis that thought Trent Richardson would turn out the way he did.

Trying to predict a college star's productivity in the NFL is like trying to say how well a 4 or 5 star recruit will do in college. We just don't know.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
I think DH has improved tremendously over last year. He is much more adept at running inside and has really developed a knack for making yardage even after contact. There is still room for improvement but he has become a very good football player.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think DH has improved tremendously over last year. He is much more adept at running inside and has really developed a knack for making yardage even after contact. There is still room for improvement but he has become a very good football player.
even this year, his balance and vision seems better in the back half of the season

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.