How does Henry translate to the NFL?

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Any team committed to a power running game, a la Dallas or Minnesota, he will fit in well.
How much would it suck, as an NFL DB, to have AP go out of the game, and be replace by Derrick Henry?

What a 1-2 punch that would be. It wouldn't be Thunder and Lightning, it would Thunder and More Thunder With Some Lightning and a Dash of Hurricane.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
It has three Ole Miss players going in the first four picks. :eek:

And Reggie Ragland going to my Packers!
I would love to see Reggie go the Packers. On the 3 Ole Miss players in the top 4 picks - I can see Tunsil and Robert K going in the top 4 picks but I don't see Treadwell going that high. Amari Cooper went #4 overall last year and I think Amari is a much more polished receiver than Treadwell. Treadwell is definitely a 1st round pick but I'm not sure about top 4..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Bosa really had a quiet year... I really dont like the mock draft.. Lot of it doesn't make sense for some reason. Oh well.
I agree. Mock drafts don't really take into account each NFL teams drafting philosophy. Some teams will take the best player available regardless of if the player fills a need on their roster and some teams will pick a lesser player for one who fills a need. I don't swear by mock drafts but I find them really interesting and I like when they start coming out..

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I have read a few reports and Henry is very unique in that they can't find anyone to compare him with.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Eh I've seen lot reports saying he had quiet and disappointing year..
If the rest of the D-line had a down year, Bosa may have seen a lot more double-teams and opponents were probably running plays away from his side. Just because he's quiet doesn't mean he's not having a significant effect on the game.

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
I have read a few reports and Henry is very unique in that they can't find anyone to compare him with.
I read a comment on another site, he compared Henry to Secretariat, said the longer he run the stronger he got. And I have to agree with him. The finest racehorse I've ever seen and one of the best college running backs I've ever seen.

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Let's see, high school career rushing yardage leader 12,124 yards, in his first season as the team’s full-time starter at Alabama, most probably the Heisman Trophy winner as well as in contention for the Maxwell, Walter Camp and Doak Walker Awards, a leading candidate for first team All-America honors, rushed for 1,458 yards to rank second nationally, leads the SEC in rushing in conference games with a 166.1 yards per game average, averaging 178.7 yards per game against ranked teams, averaging 101.6 yards per game after contact, leads the nation in rushing touchdowns, has seven 100-yard rushing games this year and three 200-yard games...

I'd guess he'll have a Marcus Allenish NFL career translation - 10,000+ career rushing yards, 5-6 Pro-Bowls, Pro Football Hall of Famer.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
NFL thoughts on Henry: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...k-report-derrick-henry-ezekiel-elliott-rising

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings <-- I like this one better. Its very fluid and can change anyday. anyone in 1-40 spot could be drafted in 1st round... Only thing I see is that I don't think Allen leaves.. He wants his degree... Al had a article on that a while back?
CBS has some players growing and most of Bama's players getting smaller?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I know 40 yard dash times are not the be all end all but I will be very interested in Henry's 40 time. If he runs a 4.5 or lower it could really help his draft stock. I love watching the combine. I find it fascinating..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I know 40 yard dash times are not the be all end all but I will be very interested in Henry's 40 time. If he runs a 4.5 or lower it could really help his draft stock. I love watching the combine. I find it fascinating..
Did a quick search and found this from Henry's appearance at the 2012 The Opening.

Henry, a 240-pound jumbo athlete, earned rave reviews for his athleticism at the event after posting a 4.45 forty time and a 42-inch vertical leap, the top mark at the event.
Very possible he gets a 4.5.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.