NY Times Article on our Transition in 2016

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
Who isn't going to be rebuilding as well? Miss State and Ole Miss lose alot of talent. Arkansas might have the best shot next year but isn't Allen gone too? Auburn has to find a QB and more depth on defense. LSU will still have a big time back but QB development? UGA, Mizzou and USCw are replacing coaches already. Who can step in and dominate if we slip?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
If we lose both coordinators, a good chunk of our front seven, and have to break in a new QB then yeah we're probably on the way to a 2010 season. Hopefully with a similar championship defense circumstance too though!

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Who isn't going to be rebuilding as well? Miss State and Ole Miss lose alot of talent. Arkansas might have the best shot next year but isn't Allen gone too? Auburn has to find a QB and more depth on defense. LSU will still have a big time back but QB development? UGA, Mizzou and USCw are replacing coaches already. Who can step in and dominate if we slip?
They are also losing Collins. He will most likely declare as well.

As far as next year goes, I fully expect it to be a rough year. We could potentially lose 3-5 key coaching staff members. The defense will most likely lose 8 or 9 starters and multiple key backups. We lose our Heisman contending RB, and we will possibly be breaking in a new QB with no game experience.

In the past, we have reloaded to the point that our rebuilding seasons are still 10 wins at minimum. If we win 10+ games next season, it might be Coach Saban's, best coaching job yet.

Edit: And I don't say that to be negative. I try to be realistic, but I usually have my Crimson glasses on at full force. I have full faith that our coaches have been preparing this moment, so they very well may surprise the country. Just seems like if there is ever a year where we are set up to take a step back, that may be the year.

Last edited:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I have enough faith in CNS. He will work to the teams strengths. We will be in the National Title hunt again.
Agree 110%.... Yes, the front 7 will not be as dominant but we have talented D-lineman ready to step up. Reuben Foster will be the new Ragland. The secondary may be the best we've ever had.

The left side of the o-line is back and to be honest, the o-line has been average all year. It easily could be better next fall. Yes, Henry is gone but, Bo and Harris along with the others coming in will be ok. Ridley is the next Cooper or Jones. Factor in a healthy Robert Foster and another year of experience for Stewart and Sims along with Charlot, Kief and others, our WR Corp could be the best we've had under Saban.

I trust we will find a QB as we always do and the team may have to win more 38-34 type games next year but, they should respond and be in every game, winning the vast majority. Even a "rebuild" is a 10 win season...

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
It seems that we have heard this every year under Saban. One year it is replacing a single dominant player, another the defensive back field, another it is the OL, a lot of years it has been the QB, multiple coordinators and position coaches. I do think this will be a year that may be a bigger struggle than others have been, but we have a LOT of talent coming back with experience. Coach Saban always seems to have the ability to merge coaches into the system. I'm not too worried about it. In fact I am still enjoying this season too much to really think about it.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I don't think any of us are naïve enough to think next year may be a little bit of a "down year" due to the coaching turn over as well as the losses at QB, RB, C, DL and LB. Hopefully, Battle and the boosters won't lose their patience with CNS if we only put up a 10-3 record.

Like others, I have faith in the Coach to replenish his staff with top notch assistants and put the right kids in the positions to be successful and win. RTR!

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I do think next year will be a true rebuilding year, for both that staff and chunks of the team.

However, when our rebuilding year can still land us with 10 wins, it's hard to complain.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I have had the same thought about next year and it will be a challenge. I believe Coach Saban has proven he can adapt to whatever style is needed for us to be successful so I won't lose any sleep over it.

In the meantime, I am thoroughly enjoying the ride this year.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
If I were putting together a WAY too early SEC West standings, we wouldn't be first. It's not a knock, it's just the current climate.

The one thing we do have going is that aside from LSU pretty much every other west team has as many or more questions.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA
Well, if the history he mentioned repeats itself, Ill take it hands down: A NC this year, a 3 loss season next year, followed by 2 back to back NCs. Sounds like a good trade to me!! :cool2:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
One thing college football should be used too by now, under Coach Saban, we've stayed in the NC hunt when we break in a new QB..We may not win the NC every year, we make college football a living hell, when a a new QB leads our offense, cause "The Process" actually develops our QB's as they're waiting their turn to run the show at Bama..

Cooper Bateman was put in a tough situation against Ole Miss cause Coker had the flu the week of the game & we had to change up our play calling that best suits what Cooper is best at as a QB..When you have to face Robert Nkemdiche's relentless pass rush in your 1st start, that's asking a lot from a young QB, Nkemdiche is literally a NFL sized talent playing college football until he goes on to become a multimillionaire in the Pro's..A "Man Among Boys" actually playing college football..

Cooper Bateman has shown progression as the season has went on, I was at the Charleston Southern game, he doesn't yet have a canon of an arm that Coker has..When Cooper played in the 2nd half of the game, I noticed he was looking off defenders & going through his progressions looking for open WR's, it was like night & day as too how much he's progressed as a QB since the Ole Miss game..I am very confident in Cooper should he win the starting job next season, if he gets beat out by Barnett or anyone else, that's even better, cause they will be one helluva good QB to beat out Cooper..

I hate to break the news to college football about next season, The Crimson Tide ain't going anyplace, we may not win the NC as I've already stated, but, we will be still be on top of the food chain as "The Process" continues to devour college football..

Last edited:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Well, if the history he mentioned repeats itself, Ill take it hands down: A NC this year, a 3 loss season next year, followed by 2 back to back NCs. Sounds like a good trade to me!! :cool2:
Three NC's in the next four years with our "down" year being 10-3? I could live with that. :biggrin2:

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
This sounds like the same song and dance as the last few years. Going into both the 2014 and 2015 seasons the thought was that they would be rebuilding years. After the 2013 season season we had lost Ha-Ha, CJ and AJ. After the 2014 season we had lost Amari, TJ, Blake and Landon. All great players, but the result was that we were competing for a national championship the following year. The one thing that I am hopeful for going into next year is that someone emerges quickly and takes control of the starting QB role and that it occurs in the spring.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Well the other have to have something to hang their hopes on. So congrats on the article.

Maybe this should be in blue. I don't know.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.