News Article: Cruz: Overwhelming majority of violent criminals are Democrats

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
While it wouldn't surprise me in the least if this were, in fact, true - given my personal experience dealing with felons and the prison system in general through various avenues - this article is just giving one man's opinion; there are no statistics or other evidence given in the article to support this opinion.

And, assuming it is true, it is just as likely as not - if not even probable - that this has little to do with the majority of the Democratic Party's ideals and primarily due to the general impression that Republicans tend to be "harder" on crime while Democrats tend to be "softer".

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Of course Ted Cruz is right! How about the majority of white collar criminals are Republican?

Would you believe the overwhelming majority of right wing nut cases are running for President?

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Of course Ted Cruz is right! How about the majority of white collar criminals are Republican?

Would you believe the overwhelming majority of right wing nut cases are running for President?
I'm relieved that I am not in your wheelhouse of right wing nut cases.

I believe most violent criminals are probably more apathetic than ideologic toward one party or the other.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

I would challenge that seeing that many of the bankers and hedge fund managers are Jewish and Jews are overwhelmingly Democrat.

March Rich (Reich) - Bill Clinton pardoned him.

Bernie Madoff - Huge Democratic party supporter.

Just to name a couple real quickly.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Interesting Politico left off part of the quote, the part where Ted Cruz blatantly lies. Really starting to question this whole Liberal Media bias thing that many of y'all seem to believe in

here's the quote with context

After accepting an endorsement from an activist who has called for the “execution” of abortion providers, Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz said on Monday that he has never met an anti-abortion activist who has advocated for violence.
“I have never met, not once, a single pro-life activist who is in favor of violence of any sort. Have you, Senator Cruz?” conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt asked the Texas senator.
“I have not,” Cruz responded. “And I would note that this whole episode has really displayed the ugly underbelly of the nation.”
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2015/12/01/3726729/ted-cruz-abortion-violence/

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
While it wouldn't surprise me in the least if this were, in fact, true - given my personal experience dealing with felons and the prison system in general through various avenues - this article is just giving one man's opinion; there are no statistics or other evidence given in the article to support this opinion.

And, assuming it is true, it is just as likely as not - if not even probable - that this has little to do with the majority of the Democratic Party's ideals and primarily due to the general impression that Republicans tend to be "harder" on crime while Democrats tend to be "softer".
I would bet any amount of money on this correlation being true, just from the racial distribution of violent prisoners alone.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Canadian/Kenyan...eh.
Rafael Edward "Ted" Cruz is an American politician and the junior U.S. Senator from Texas. He is a candidate for President of the United States in the 2016 presidential election. Wikipedia
Born: December 22, 1970 (age 44), Calgary, Canada
Nationality: American
Height: 5′ 8″
Office: Senator (R-TX) since 2013
Parents: Rafael Cruz, Eleanor Darragh
Education: Harvard Law School (1995), Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs (1992)

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Rafael Edward "Ted" Cruz is an American politician and the junior U.S. Senator from Texas. He is a candidate for President of the United States in the 2016 presidential election. Wikipedia
Born: December 22, 1970 (age 44), Calgary, Canada
Nationality: American
Height: 5′ 8″
Office: Senator (R-TX) since 2013
Parents: Rafael Cruz, Eleanor Darragh
Education: Harvard Law School (1995), Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs (1992)
He's too short to be President.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Interesting Politico left off part of the quote, the part where Ted Cruz blatantly lies. Really starting to question this whole Liberal Media bias thing that many of y'all seem to believe in

here's the quote with context

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2015/12/01/3726729/ted-cruz-abortion-violence/
Regarding the activist that advocates execution of abortion providers, is he advocating that all good people march on the clinics and lynch the baby killers, or is he advocating that abortion should be considered a crime under the law punishable by execution conducted by a duly elected government? If the former, I understand the characterization of "endorsing violence", but if the latter, then characterizing the activist as endorsing violence is a gross misrepresentation.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Regarding the activist that advocates execution of abortion providers, is he advocating that all good people march on the clinics and lynch the baby killers, or is he advocating that abortion should be considered a crime under the law punishable by execution conducted by a duly elected government? If the former, I understand the characterization of "endorsing violence", but if the latter, then characterizing the activist as endorsing violence is a gross misrepresentation.
He did defend a fellow that murdered a Florida abortion doctor, saying the murder could be considered a justifiable defense action.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Ted Bundy was a republican.

So was this guy, who murdered his Democratic opponent in a local Tennessee race in 1998.

Byron Looper, 34, was jailed without bail in the slaying of state Sen. Tommy Burks, who was shot at close range in the head Monday in a pickup truck on his hog farm. At the time, Burks was getting ready to take a group of children on a hayride and a visit to a pumpkin patch.

He was also a.......family values guy if you keep reading:

Looper, the property assessor in neighboring Putnam County, already faces a December trial on charges of theft and misusing his office. Among other things, he was accused of remodeling his home on county time and using county money to buy political database software.

He also is being sued for $1.2 million by a former girlfriend who claims he forced her to have sex, fathered her child and stole ownership of her home

Looper was sentenced to life without parole and died in prison after having to be restrained and having a 'heart event.'

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.