Question: Odd format problem with Firefox...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Since the last game, when we turned the "extras" off and then back on, TF is too "wide" for my monitor. Rather than being centered, I'm having to scroll to the right to see the entire forum. This seems to be peculiar to FireFox and to Tidefans. It's not present with any other site and doesn't seem to be present in Chrome or other browsers. This is occurring on a 28" monitor. This post is to see if this defect is present with any other members...

T-H

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I see what you mean. My monitor is 27", but I have the "increase font" up so high, it always looks that way!

But, when I reduce it down, things are still shifted right.

I'm running 39, as the last upgrade is a mess, on my computer.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I'm on 40.0.3 and it's fine. Maybe it's zoomed in? Try holding ctrl and then hit 0 (zero). That should put it back to the default zoom, if that's even the issue.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I don't have this issue but I do have a recurring "Unresponsive Script" problem when I visit Tidefans using Firefox. It doesn't happen on any other sites using Firefox, nor when I visit Tidefans using any other browser.
Just curious.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I don't have this issue but I do have a recurring "Unresponsive Script" problem when I visit Tidefans using Firefox. It doesn't happen on any other sites using Firefox, nor when I visit Tidefans using any other browser.
Just curious.
There's a Firefox plugin called Ghostery. Install it and restart the browser. It will add a little widget to the menu bar that allows you to selectively turn things like that off. Turn everything off, then turn them back on one at a time until the scrip error occurs. Leave that one off and turn the others back on.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
OK, with the forum extras turned off, everything is as it should be. Folks should take note, and see what happens when they are turned back on.

Or is it only 2 of us who notice this?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
OK, with the forum extras turned off, everything is as it should be. Folks should take note, and see what happens when they are turned back on.

Or is it only 2 of us who notice this?
No, the formatting problem returned after the extras were turned back on...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
There's a Firefox plugin called Ghostery. Install it and restart the browser. It will add a little widget to the menu bar that allows you to selectively turn things like that off. Turn everything off, then turn them back on one at a time until the scrip error occurs. Leave that one off and turn the others back on.
I finally did that and then re-expanded things until it was all right again. I use Ghostery also, but really just to avoid tracking cookies...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.