Link: Rush Propst Sounds Off on Georgia Football

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Lot of coaches in south Georgia were quickly introduced to his method when he was dismissed from Hoover. If the players you need aren't in your district, find a way to move them in.

"In high school, when we do not have the quarterback to run our system, we adapt."

He says that, in the article..............in reality, yeah, you go and "recruit" them.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I wonder if Colquitt County High is looking for an offensive coordinator? If so, I wonder if Propst will reach out to Richt to gage his interest? I bet Rush could teach Mark a lot. Just ask him......:biggrin:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
"In high school, when we do not have the quarterback to run our system, we adapt."

He says that, in the article..............in reality, yeah, you go and "recruit" them.
He used the ample apartments in Hoover to his advantage, that was for sure. And funny how many of those families only lived there part time. Well, "live" is probably inaccurate. Closer to "drive by, pick up the mail, and check the phone for messages from the school".

And it was absolutely blatant. Almost like he dared anyone to call him on it.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Lot of coaches in south Georgia were quickly introduced to his method when he was dismissed from Hoover. If the players you need aren't in your district, find a way to move them in.
This would be nothing new to most coaches in Georgia. Been done for years

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Bama has 7A now, for some reason or another.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
They basically took the schools that had over 1000 students and made them 7A because the lower end of 6A couldn't compete with the upper end because of the difference in numbers.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Propst is indeed a piece of work - obviously good coach, but one of the most shameless self promoters and biggest egos you will find anywhere. I wouldn't touch him at the college level.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.