Link: Rush Propst Sounds Off on Georgia Football

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Bama has 7A now, for some reason or another.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
Because in 6A the top schools almost doubled the bottom half in terms of enrollment. It was much needed.

As for Rush he is the real deal in high school and he has a LOT of experience in recruiting so you never know!:biggrin:

As for his Hoover ordeal yes he had a secret (funny) family in Pell City while having his wife and kids in Hoover.

BigTide if you want to read about Rush, read this link. Love him or hate him he's one of the top h.s. coaches around period:

http://capstonereport.com/2007/07/04/propst-exposed/181/#comment-36

Because in 6A the top schools almost doubled the bottom half in terms of enrollment. It was much needed.

As for Rush he is the real deal in high school and he has a LOT of experience in recruiting so you never know!:biggrin:

As for his Hoover ordeal yes he had a secret (funny) family in Pell City while having his wife and kids in Hoover.

BigTide if you want to read about Rush, read this link. Love him or hate him he's one of the top h.s. coaches around period:

http://capstonereport.com/2007/07/04/propst-exposed/181/#comment-36
Secret family? Wow!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yep check the story out in the link, that guy explains every bit of it. It was crazy. There was plenty of rumors on the net then that he had that secret family with kids in Pell City before the Hoover Gazette guy broke the story that got Rush run off from Hoover.

Also it was strongly rumored he had a shot at some kind of job here (don't think it was on the field job) but after this story broke it wasted any chance of him coming to Bama.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
The MTV camera caught him flipping off the Thompson coach during a game, while dropping more F bombs than Muschamp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Secret family? Wow!

My understanding was that Propst talked with Saban about an off field position (Player Development I think) years back before everything exploded at Hoover. Supposedly Saban asked him about the "rumors" and Propst admitted to them. Saban told him "thanks, but no thanks".

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Yep check the story out in the link, that guy explains every bit of it. It was crazy. There was plenty of rumors on the net then that he had that secret family with kids in Pell City before the Hoover Gazette guy broke the story that got Rush run off from Hoover.

Also it was strongly rumored he had a shot at some kind of job here (don't think it was on the field job) but after this story broke it wasted any chance of him coming to Bama.
I think it was a Player Development position. The story broke and I was told Saban said "No way".

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Y'all don't want to know how big our 6A schools are.

I think the cut-off is around 2400.

We have around 4700.
Cuda, imagine if Lovejoy wasn't allowed to build its HS roughly 10 years ago and all those kids were still at Allen, HS. What, close to 6800 kids???? (On a side note, Lovejoy kid is gonna be BAMA's starting catcher on the diamond this spring...)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I like how at the end of the interview Rush is making a case for UGA to hire him lol. What a goon..

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Used to be at Hoover. One of the big programs in the state in the Birmingham area. Ended up leaving (or got fired, not sure which one) under a lot of controversy including recruiting players at the High School level. He is now in Georgia and has a similar program going there.
If I remember, he has some of the personal baggage we've become accustomed to also...

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I believe an SI article a few years back pretty much laid it all out there.

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
I kinda got the vibe he was practically begging Coach Smart to hire him as his OC at Georgia after reading the article..
As soon as I saw Propst's name in the headline, I knew he was going to be promoting himself for a college job.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
If I remember, he has some of the personal baggage we've become accustomed to also...
I had heard some of that second hand, and didn't want to bring up something I didn't know for sure. I did know some of the cases of the particular players first hand. I know the AD that came in at Hoover to try to clean up the mess after all of that pretty well, but still couldn't tell you the specific reason cited (or any reasons not cited). So I tried just leaving it with a lot of controversy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.