Link: Rush Propst Sounds Off on Georgia Football

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

One of the more heralded high school coaches in the Southeast gives his take on the Mark Richt news, what went wrong at the University of Georgia, and where they should go from here.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No idea who this guy is, but he is strongly opinionated and doesn't seem to care who he alienates.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
No idea who this guy is, but he is strongly opinionated and doesn't seem to care who he alienates.
Used to be at Hoover. One of the big programs in the state in the Birmingham area. Ended up leaving (or got fired, not sure which one) under a lot of controversy including recruiting players at the High School level. He is now in Georgia and has a similar program going there.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I actually enjoyed that article.

B1G, Rush was the longtime coach at Hoover High near B'ham. He was wildly successful.

Got a big ego, but successful.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I think being opinionated is what makes some head coaches good. I took some of what Probst said as positive. He definitely has his flaws, but you can't say Probst can't coach or know football.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Did a episodic TV show, I think it was called " Two A Days" that followed Hoover through a championship season. Actually may have been a couple of seasons. Guy`s a real piece of work but if results are what counts he`s apparently an excellent football coach.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
"I would hope Kirby would retain Jeremy Pruitt," Propst said. "My belief is that he should and would. Often, cooler heads do not prevail. Egos get involved. I have always felt that with 35-45-year-old men, egos often cloud their judgment."
Rest in peace, Irony. :rolleyes:

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
He was actually reasonable in that article. It was not what I expected. Enjoyed the read. Thanks for posting.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Used to be at Hoover. One of the big programs in the state in the Birmingham area. Ended up leaving (or got fired, not sure which one) under a lot of controversy including recruiting players at the High School level. He is now in Georgia and has a similar program going there.
He was fired for having a secret 2nd family. Great coach, not a good person.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
He was fired for having a secret 2nd family. Great coach, not a good person.
Yep, head coach at Ashville before Hoover. He had three kids I believe with another woman while still married with kids. It was the worst kept secret in town that eventually got out bigtime.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Lot of coaches in south Georgia were quickly introduced to his method when he was dismissed from Hoover. If the players you need aren't in your district, find a way to move them in.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.