Question: Potential Staff Replacements

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
No offense but what makes Vlachos qualified to be o-line coach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
None taken I just think because he was here for 5 years under Pendry and because he has been on our staff now for 3 or 4 years that he might be a good choice considering the knowledge he probably obtained along the way. Jmho

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I don't know what all will pan out but Alabama seems on the precipice of being picked clean across the offensive, defensive, and S&C staff this offseason.

We better win a title this year because most programs are never the same after this kind of brain drain.
Can someone take Coach Williams also?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Hoke is not terrible from what I've gathered. Pruitt is ambitious, I will say that...and the HS coaches here love him.

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
No one mentioning Bo Davis? Has been here a while and coaches our line. Would be a good promotion to me.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
I seem to remember Pruitt at Florida State making a derogatory innuendo about our program. Something about being at place that follows the rules or a coach who does thing the right way.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Is Pruitt disciplined enough personally to come back here ?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I don't know who Saban might choose, but none of this is a surprise, and I'm confident he's had several options teed up for some time now.

We've known for a while Kiffin probably wouldn't be back. Losing Smart (and Cochran with him) isn't a surprise with the combination of their friendship and all the good jobs currently open. Cristobal is a good recruiter, but on-field results from the OL have been inconsistent for way too long.

Cochran's been great, but a lot of his perception with the fans is due to his personality. The main factor in the success of the S&C program is the emphasis the head coach places on it, and we know that won't change. Saban will have the pick of just about any S&C coach in the country. Whoever it is will do just fine. Might not have his own spot on the JumboTron, but he'll do a good job.

I hate that all this is happening, but it isn't unexpected, I guarantee Saban has had a plan in place for some time, and 2016 wasn't looking like a championship year anyway. This will give the staff a year to jell with the players and each other without the expectations that normally accompany our program.

Remember when nobody wanted any of our coaches? The spate of turnover isn't fun, but it beats the stuffing out of the alternative.

We'll be fine.

Last edited:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I don't know who Saban might choose, but none of this is a surprise, and I'm confident he has several options teed up.

We've known for a while Kiffin probably wouldn't be back. Losing Smart (and Cochran with him) isn't a surprise with all the good jobs currently open. Cristobal is a good recruiter, but on-field results from the OL have been inconsistent for way too long.

Cochran's been great, but a lot of his perception with the fans is due to his personality. The main factor in the success of the S&C program is the emphasis the head coach places on it, and we know that won't change. Saban will have the pick of just about any S&C coach in the country. Whoever it is will do just fine. Might not have his own spot on the JumboTron, but he'll do a good job.

I hate that all this is happening, but it isn't unexpected, I guarantee Saban has had a plan in place for some time, and 2016 wasn't looking like a championship year anyway. This will give the staff a year to jell with the players and each other without the expectations that normally accompany our program.

We'll be fine.
Ditto ... I agree, we will be fine.

I think the great thing about whats been happening with this run with Bama how much history will look back and appreciate it. One coach was able to change the state of a conference and a college football with a "process". Ever since 2009, teams have been trying to defeat it ever since. The great thing is the "root" of the process is STILL at Bama ... and even though all good things do come to an end ... I seriously doubt it will be next season. Roll Tide.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I love Cochran, but this is a great point. I believe the fans will miss his personality more than the weight room results.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Steele was brought in for one thing & one thing only..Recruiting..It sure wasn't for his coaching abilities..I know it will never happen & pretty sure he stays on at VT, but, I would love it if we brought in Bud Foster to replace Kirby..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.