Question: Potential Staff Replacements

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
If CLK leaves, I would look at the OC/OL guy from Stanford, and I also think his recruiting area is in the southeast U.S. as well. But, anyone CNS hires to fill openings at the OC/DC level will be coaching from his playbook, not necessarily overhaul the team to fit to that guy's philosophy.

We will be fine, even if it takes a 3-loss season to get back to normal sometime.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
He's a former head coach and he seems to be doing a good job at Boston College. The issue is can he recruit and how seamless would his transition be? I have to admit, if Alabama needs someone for the playoff, Priutt might be the best quick fix.
Is that allowed? Could Pruitt, if hired Sunday for example, come in and coach? I know there are rules about # of staff, but are they rules about when a coach can start coaching?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Haven't read the whole thread, but if CLK leaves I've been impressed with Don Enos at Arkansas this year. At times they've looked as good as anybody in the country on offense.

I'm sure a senior qb has helped, but I really like the balance they seem to show between throwing and passing. Reminds me of Coach Mac while an OC.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Haven't read the whole thread, but if CLK leaves I've been impressed with Don Enos at Arkansas this year. At times they've looked as good as anybody in the country on offense.

I'm sure a senior qb has helped, but I really like the balance they seem to show between throwing and passing. Reminds me of Coach Mac while an OC.
I agree 100%. The improvement that Brandon Allen made this year was incredible.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Don Enos is a pretty good pro-style coordinator...I'm wondering if Saban isn't making the slow transition to more wide open offensive schemes though.

Admittedly, Enos was pretty dang wide-open out of traditional sets...

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Don Enos is a pretty good pro-style coordinator...I'm wondering if Saban isn't making the slow transition to more wide open offensive schemes though.

I think as long as the Pro Style offense is the primary system in the NFL, we will continue to be a Pro Style offense here.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

It does seem he's done this with Kiffin, but we all know that CNS will always want to have a healthy balance between the run and pass.

I watched a couple of Arkansas games this year when Allen went off. One thing I loved is how Enos seemed to stay with what was working.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
He's a former head coach and he seems to be doing a good job at Boston College. The issue is can he recruit and how seamless would his transition be? I have to admit, if Alabama needs someone for the playoff, Priutt might be the best quick fix.
Will Pruitt go to Miami with their NEW coach?

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL

You're on the right track, IMHO. I don't see CNS going back to a more 'traditional' offense. I'm sure Bama will still feature power running, but there will continue to be plenty of spread/uptempo looks as well.

Of course, that's just my opinion. [emoji4]

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't think Saban will hire a coach who wants to run a system that doesn't have a competent under-center power-running and dropback passing component. I do think he's gonna look for guys who run a more multiple pro-style. So guys who are Stanford-like in their playcalling are probably not going to get a first look.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
He's more of an Alabama guy. I don't know for sure what Saban thinks of Pruitt, but if Saban wants him I think it's a done deal.

Pruitt played and coached for Alabama. Richt played at Miami, Smart played at Georgia. We're seeing guys head home and the only reason Pruitt wouldn't want to come back to the coach that gave him a chance, and the school that he played for is if there's some bad blood there (though I did once see someone say Priutt would never be DC at Alabama for what that's worth).

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I don't see his wife wanting to be that far away from her family in South Alabama and she and Jeremy have a baby. I also think he has a son from a previous marriage who is in Alabama. That said, a lot has happened this week that most of us weren't really expecting.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.