Question: Potential Staff Replacements

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
I think most of the consensus would agree by now that Kirby Smart is headed to Georgia while Lane Kiffin and Mario Cristobal are weighing their options. Just curious of who you all would like or want to see as their replacements.

For defensive coordinator I would like to see either Mel Tucker, Jeremy Pruitt or maybe Boston College's defensive coordinator take over.

For offensive line coach I'd like to see William Vlachos be promoted who is already on staff.

As for middle linebackers coach depending on who ends up coaching the secondary, I would like to see us go after Kevin Steele if he is released from LSU.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think most of the consensus would agree by now that Kirby Smart is headed to Georgia while Lane Kiffin and Mario Cristobal are weighing their options. Just curious of who you all would like or want to see as their replacements.

For defensive coordinator I would like to see either Mel Tucker, Jeremy Pruitt or maybe Boston College's defensive coordinator take over.

For offensive line coach I'd like to see William Vlachos be promoted who is already on staff.

As for middle linebackers coach depending on who ends up coaching the secondary, I would like to see us go after Kevin Steele if he is released from LSU.
Pruitt and Steele? Seriously?

Heard Neuheisel is interested in being OC if CLK leaves

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Pruitt and Steele? Seriously?

Heard Neuheisel is interested in being OC if CLK leaves
My only reason for Pruitt would be because he is familiar with our system and Coach Saban. I don't remember him having any problems here but maybe I just never heard anything. He was at least good with our secondary during his tenure.

Not sure about Neuheisel. But I'm sure if he runs anything close to what we like in a west coast or pro-style offense he will get a look.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Are you serious?!?!?!? NO! Mel Tucker takes over... No to Vlachos or Steele.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Not sure about Neuheisel. But I'm sure if he runs anything close to what we like in a west coast or pro-style offense he will get a look.
I think Neuheisel would be an interesting choice. He has the experience working with QB's and I think some of his issues as a HC would be contained if he was just OC under Saban. Could be another LK scenario, 2 years to rebuild his image, learn the process and still be young enough, 57 to go get a top tier Power 5 job. Also, I think a coach like RN would relate well to Blake Barnett. Last thing we need to do is lose him.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Are you serious?!?!?!? NO! Mel Tucker takes over... No to Vlachos or Steele.
Wasn't Steele always thought of as an average coach but good recruiter? Or do I have it flipped, average recruiter, great coach?

As far as OL coach, could Saban convince Pendry to come back? Even if just for a year or two and have a GA under him be groomed for the job? I thought I remember Earle saying Pendry was around more than we think....

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Wasn't Steele always thought of as an average coach but good recruiter? Or do I have it flipped, average recruiter, great coach?

As far as OL coach, could Saban convince Pendry to come back? Even if just for a year or two and have a GA under him be groomed for the job? I thought I remember Earle saying Pendry was around more than we think....
Steele good recuiter, but average coach. Look at our LB performance last year.

Pendry isnt coming back. I would expect us to hire a young guy who can coach those guys up... and is a good recuiter.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
For reasons that I won't go in to, I don't think Neuheisel would be a good fit in Tuscaloosa.

Otho, after looking at his resume I think Mel Tucker is a great choice for DC.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.