Question: Potential Staff Replacements

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
As much grief as Bobby Williams has taken the last couple of years, this year our ST's from top to bottom, has been as good as any ST's group in the nation..
I had begun to think someone else was coaching special teams . . .

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Guys.. This just all hit me. I'm going into a catatonic shock. Smart, cochran, will he or wont he coach the championships, the idea of playing against cochran, i want to cry.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Guys.. This just all hit me. I'm going into a catatonic shock. Smart, cochran, will he or wont he coach the championships, the idea of playing against cochran, i want to cry.
HAHA..As long as Coach Saban is our HC..No matter who leaves our coaching staff & we play against them..I don't like their odds of defeating "The Process" they helped to build that's dominating college football..

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
HAHA..As long as Coach Saban is our HC..No matter who leaves our coaching staff & we play against them..I don't like their odds of defeating "The Process" they helped to build that's dominating college football..
You got that right. To be the man, you have to beat the man and nobody is doing that very often these days.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Anybody watch UNC play this year? I've heard good things about their OC, Seth Littrell.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Anybody watch UNC play this year? I've heard good things about their OC, Seth Littrell.
Yup..He's a hot name for sure in the coaching ranks..I wonder how good of an OC Littrell was before coming to UNC..Just like our D is widely considered Coach Saban's baby..Fedora is widely considered one of the best offensive minds in college football & the offense at UNC is Fedora's baby..The coordinators that plays under both coaches never gets full credit while coaching under Coach Saban & Fedora..

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I believe Littrell actually had some success at Indiana, which would speak volumes about what he could possibly do with even more talent, like the Bama roster.

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
Because the game is still so raw in everyone's mind, this name will create an uproar. If it were up to me in replacing CKS, the first person i would go after and to influence him to join my team is WILL MUSCHAMP. There...I said it, and no blue font.

Last edited:

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Because the game is still so raw in everyone's mind, this name will create an uproar. If it were up to me in replacing CKS, the first person i would go after and to influence him to join my team is WILL MUSCHAMP. There...I said it, and no blue font.
After watching him on the sideline during the Iron Bowl, there's no way I'd hire him as a coach, in any capacity.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I wouldn't be shocked actually if Coach Saban wanted Muschamp as Kirby's replacement, but, if I were a betting man, I'd bet the house on Coach Mel Tucker being elevated to DC or is who i hope is named to replace Kirby anyways..The one DC I would want the most & would be an out of nowhere choice is Bud Foster..I know it will never happen, but, I can dream though..LOL

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I wouldn't be shocked actually if Coach Saban wanted Muschamp as Kirby's replacement, but, if I were a betting man, I'd bet the house on Coach Mel Tucker being elevated to DC or is who i hope is named to replace Kirby anyways..The one DC I would want the most & would be an out of nowhere choice is Bud Foster..I know it will never happen, but, I can dream though..LOL
I think Jeremy Pruitt would be more likely than Muschamp, though I'd prefer to see either Tucker or Davis promoted.

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
I'm not as concerned with the concept of replacing Staff prior to 2016 as I am with the possibility of them leaving right after the SECCG, but before the Playoffs...one or two might be recoverable, but a mass exodus on the scale that is being talked about could have a serious impact on Playoff game prep...

paul02085

All-SEC
Sep 12, 2004
Loganville, Ga.
I hope we get Pruitt. He has done a good job at Uga and is an excellent recruiter. Having said that I have 100pct faith in Coach Saban so no worries here ��

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'm not as concerned with the concept of replacing Staff prior to 2016 as I am with the possibility of them leaving right after the SECCG, but before the Playoffs...one or two might be recoverable, but a mass exodus on the scale that is being talked about could have a serious impact on Playoff game prep...
Playoff creates chaos, that's why it is there. BCSCG was so different, you focused on one game, one opponent. Even with staff changes you had enough time to get ready for that single game that I think you could overcome the distraction.

Now? The real issue is if you win that first game, you have that short prep-time to prepare for what might be your toughest game of the year... and then if you have holes in your staff that becomes a massive issue. Nothing to be done now, it's the playoff era.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
After watching him on the sideline during the Iron Bowl, there's no way I'd hire him as a coach, in any capacity.

I don't think this will happen. If it does, Coach Boom will be working with a much longer fuse -- courtesy of his new boss.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.