Who replaces Scott Cochran (nobody - he's staying)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Who replaces Scott Cochran

Let's see who GA hires. If they steal one of the best from another program, you can expect Cochran to be around for a long while. If they just bring in a lower level apprentice, maybe not.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Fantastic news!! He's an invaluable member of what we have going on in T'Town. This news coupled with bringing in Pruitt and Keeping CLK tells me that CNS plans to stick around for several more years.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
What's funny is given my job, I work with die hard, life long fans of different schools. As an example, I asked a USC, tOSU, OSU, Michigan State, Michigan, and K-State fan who their S&C coach was, and all replied with, "What? Huh? I have no idea."

I don't think it shows so much of what a over the top fanbase Alabama has (which is true), but how much of a difference he's made and how much we care about those in the Bama family, particularly the big personalities that contribute to the big wins on the field.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Like Mr. Earle said, he vests in state retirement with one more yr in the system. He would have been crazy to leave at this point in time. Really the more interesting thing to watch will be what he does after NEXT season.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Is there a reason to think he'd leave? He's a well-paid rock star at Alabama. The only reason people thought he'd leave is to work with Kirby.
With him making a half a million/ yr, I doubt it, unless UGA were willing to make a huge commitment to invest in facilities and significantly increase his pay.

Never say never, though.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

With him making a half a million/ yr, I doubt it, unless UGA were willing to make a huge commitment to invest in facilities and significantly increase his pay.

Never say never, though.
UGA will have win a lot and fast to make the donors willing to spend real money.

Last edited:

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al

Richt averaged 10 wins / season and they didn't spend the dough. I expect Smart's gonna have to win the SEC before the boosters even think about flowing the cash...
And IMHO, this is what keeps Georgia in mediocre mode. They just don't have the mindset yet to invest in their program enough to get the tools nessacery to make that next jump. I just don't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.