Who replaces Scott Cochran (nobody - he's staying)

michaelballew

Dec 2, 2015
If Cochran is part of the deal with CKS then who does Bama look for to replace him?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Re: Who replaces Scott Cochran

I don't know, but the stadium audio guy is going to have to find something else loud and annoying to blare over the speakers if he does end up leaving.

IBUY

1st Team
Jan 9, 2007

I'll do it. Been told for more than half a century how loud and annoying I am! :rolleyes:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

He has one year left to qualify for a pension from TRSA. I'd bet he stays that year...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

He has one year left to qualify for a pension from TRSA. I'd bet he stays that year...
And if he stays that year, I'd think it unlikely he ends up at UGA a year later. What's CKS going to do, fire a guy he's worked with for a year to replace him with a friend? Especially if CKS hires a new guy.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010

Darren Krein would be nice to get. He has a nice resume. Currently with the Dolphins and previously with Seattle. Former player for The U.
Chris Carlisle would be nice too but I don't see him leaving Pete Carroll.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

With Bama's ability to spend money to keep him (if CNS wants to), combined with Bama's massive training infrastructure (I've been told they spend money like it's coming out of a firehose in the training department, generally having bleeding-edge technology on hand to help the players rehab) - it might not be as cut-and-dried as CSC being good friends with CKS. UGA has cash but are they willing to spend it on football like Alabama is?

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

With Bama's ability to spend money to keep him (if CNS wants to), combined with Bama's massive training infrastructure (I've been told they spend money like it's coming out of a firehose in the training department, generally having bleeding-edge technology on hand to help the players rehab) - it might not be as cut-and-dried as CSC being good friends with CKS. UGA has cash but are they willing to spend it on football like Alabama is?
Leading edge? Bleeding edge because it is athletic training? :wink:

Good wordplay, sir. Kudos!

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

Don't forgot that in addition to being the S&C coach Cochran is also the get-back coach on the sidelines. If the new S&C can't adequately perform those duties do we have anyone else on staff that could do that? :)

Last edited:

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA

Don't forgot that in addition to being the S&C coach Cochran is also the keep-back coach on the sidelines. If the new S&C can't adequately perform those duties do we have anyone else on staff that could do that? :)
Don't forget he is head of the Yell Crew also :smile:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

All this is kinda confusing. I just hope he stays for more than pension.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
I'm hoping he feels warmly towards the Bama program and has enjoyed living in Tuscaloosa and working under Saban. With all the love the Bama fans have shown him, it would be nice if it was mutual. (I know, I'm living in a dream world, and need to accept how things are these days.:))

Someone mentioned Ben Pollard upstream. There was a coach who loved coaching at Bama and was proud of it. I was sorry when he wasn't retained after Fran left. He's kind of old to be considered now, in my opinion.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The fact they are just now breaking ground to build an indoor facility lends me to believe they are not willing to spend on football like Alabama does. Their history indicates it, but things could be changing.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

The fact they are just now breaking ground to build an indoor facility lends me to believe they are not willing to spend on football like Alabama does. Their history indicates it, but things could be changing.
UGA's just now building an indoor facility? :eek: What decade is this?

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

Hey, UF just completed their indoor football facility in the last year or so...
Good grief. I assumed all of the big boys in the SEC had indoor facilities years ago. Don't these people take their football seriously? :wink:

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

Probably some guy i've never heard of, but it is still an important hire because he is the only coach that can coaching contact with the players during much of the off-season.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al

Seems like he would find it hard to move after getting what he's asked for in the "best, state of the art facility in the nation".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fquDTF09bk

He's very proud of the way everything is laid out to specification (much of it his input). Will GA drop the money for a facility like this for him?
BTW, if he wasn't a drill sergeant in his past, he would have made a great one. :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.