Link: Saban Fighting to Keep Scott Cochran

UAME

All-SEC
Mar 28, 2000
Tuscumbia, AL
I am thrilled if this news is true, for one reason: if Saban were seriously contemplating retirement after this season, I don't think he'd make this push for Cochran to stay.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Here's a article I found about Georgia's awesome indoor practice facilities or as this article put it "​At 55 yards by 20 yards, the Nalley practice facility makes a great banquet hall – or a fabulous spot for walk-throughs – or a splendid arena for off-season calisthenics – but for game preparation, not so much"..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
CKS will certainly see a pay increase moving from DC to HC, that's to be expected.

Cochran would, presumably, be a lateral move and while they might offer him more than their current S&C, I'd be surprised if they matched, much less beat, what he's currently getting. Even if they match what he's making now that's over twice what they're paying their current S&C coach.

I'm not disputing Cochran's worth it, he is, I'm dubious that UGA will open their purse that much.
If Cochran's decision is money driven then they'll have to do more than match his current salary. You have to figure that even without the chance of him leaving he would still get a raise this year. Plus, with one more year he becomes vested in the retirement system. That's a lot of money left on the table if he leaves for the same salary.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.