Blog: Latest Bama News 12/4/2015

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
This is Where the Football Season Never Ends! Bama News First, and Foremost,
interesting SEC news, and salie
nt football news, UPDATED DAILY Updated Daily!
Among the greats-Tidesports

Derrick Henry is breaking records from Alabama greats like Johnny Musso and Trent Richardson this season. He's also earning respect from those legends as he marches...

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Alabama-Florida and Saban-McElwain are all familiar with SEC title game | FOX Sports-via rbr
"Well, first and foremost, all I can say is wow. It was amazing in both years we were in it," said McElwain, who guided the Gators to a 10-2 mark. "The energy that's in there because they're all true fans. The place it's located, everybody can get to. I got to tell you, it's something special." In fact, the last time both Alabama’s Saban and Florida’s McElwain entered into the Georgia Dome to compete for the league title, they did so for the same team. At the conclusion of Alabama’s 2008 season, under head coach Saban and offensive coordinator McElwain, the Tide lost to Florida 31-20 in the championship. A year later, the schools rematched, only this time it was the Tide who prevailed 32-13.
Familiarity will certainly be a recurring theme tomorrow. The Alabama Crimson Tidevs. the Florida Gators has overwhelmingly been the most common matchup in the game, while the two coaches know one another well and play a similar style of football that will be very familiar to long-time SEC football fans.
rbr op

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
SEC Championship Ultimate Preview: Can Florida derail Alabama? - CBSSports.com-via rbr
The prediction: I have no idea how Florida's offense is going to score touchdowns against Alabama, and given the state of the Gators' field goal kicking, I'm not sure there are any sure-fire scoring opportunities outside of defense or special teams. Now, will Derrick Henry be a little gassed after 46 carries against Auburn? Maybe. Will Jalen Tabor or Vernon Hargreaves III force a turnover against Jake Coker? Sure! But even with those scenarios, I still see Alabama winning this game by three touchdowns. Alabama 31, Florida 10
It would be somewhat surprising for the Tide to hit the 30-point mark in this one, considering that they fell short of that mark against Arkansas, Tennessee, and Auburn. The Florida defense is appreciably better than any of those three. Of course, with Treon Harris at QB there does exist an opportunity for Eddie Jackson or Minkah Fitzpatrick to put some points on the board.
rbr op

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
SEC Championship Game Tickets Plummeting On Resale Market, Still Top-Priced Title Game This Weekend - Forbes-via rbr
With the Gators stumbling into Georgia Dome this weekend after a crippling 27-2 loss to Florida State, they will need a minor miracle to take down the surging Crimson Tide, who can solidify their spot in the College Football Playoff with a win. SEC Championship Game tickets on TiqIQ are now averaging $365.54 – down 46.8% from the $686.53 average on November 8, the day after Florida clinched its berth in Atlanta. The cheapest ticket is currently listed for $155.
This will probably be the most affordable chance to see the Tide in a championship game that you will ever get.
rbr op

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.