Ok- who would we rather play in the CFP....

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
My prediction.
Clemson
Alabama
Michigan State
Oklahoma

Clemson-Oklahoma in Miami and Alabama-Michigan State in Dallas.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
LOL Galloway is saying Michigan State should be 2 and Alabama should be 3. Hey Joey, the only difference in 2 and 3 is the jersey color. What a goon..

RTR251

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2011
Mobile, Al
This makes sense to me. With the re-evaluation that takes place each week based on additional results, Michigan State beat a highly rated team this week and Oklahoma did not. Clemson beat a team ranked higher than the team that Bama beat. I don't know how whatever strength of schedule numbers will fall out.
Thanks :), I also took into account that MSU has a better OOC win (Oregon) then Ok (Tenn) and a conference championship game victory; I think with those and what u said the committee will respect MSU more.

I think Clemson gets the #1 cuz they're undefeated and the better CG opponent.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
I will be shocked if we aren't #2 and playing Oklahoma. As an aside, I believe Oklahoma would be favored over all playoff teams including us though we would have the smallest spread.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Lol ESPN already lobbying for a 6-8 team playoff because Stanford gets left out. Said a wildcard should have a better chance to win.

They just want more games and more chaos for ratings. They are so transparent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL
I know the committee probably doesn't consider such things, but they should match Clemson with Oklahoma to give the Sooners a chance at revenge for that Russell Athletic Bowl thrashing last December. Also, we should be matched with Michigan State so that they might have a chance for redemption after that 49-7 butt-whooping in the Capital One Bowl a few years ago, though I don't think Sparty would be able to do much against our defense!!

Either way, I just want to beat up on another team!!!

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
I will be shocked if we aren't #2 and playing Oklahoma. As an aside, I believe Oklahoma would be favored over all playoff teams including us though we would have the smallest spread.

While I don't really care because Bama is in regardless. But, I think MSU jumps OK and as others have said. Clemson-OK in Miami and Bama-MSU in Dallas. Makes the most sense to me.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
My prediction.

Alabama
Michigan State
Oklahoma

Clemson-Oklahoma in Miami and Alabama-Michigan State in Dallas.
I would agree with this also. Oklahoma's win over Baylor doesn't look as impressive after Texas beat them. After beating an undefeated Iowa team for the Big Ten title, I believe Mich. St. will jump the Okies.The CFP committee will also be sending the Big 12 a message that they need to develop a plan for a Championship game.
Clemson

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
2011. 13 years at Oklahoma before that.
It will greatly IRRITATE Oklahoma and motivate them, but here's how I would rank the Playoff teams:

1. Clemson - undefeated and won the ACC Championship game!

2. Alabama - won SECCG and was already at #2!

3. Michigan State - won B1G Championship game!

4. Oklahoma - did NOT play in a Big 12-2 Championship game today!!!!!!! Were they taking a siesta while other teams were playing? Big 12-2 get your act together and add TWO teams and have a Big 12-2+2 Championship game!!!!!!! Yes, I know UT is AFRAID, shaking in their boots to add the University of Houston!!!!!!! Add UH, then just add one more like BYU or a comparable team. We don't want to see Little Red Riding Hood or Snow White and several dwarfs or is that one wolf and several ants?!

#'s 1, 2, and 3 in my ranking earned it today the OLD fashioned way! They PLAYED!!!!!!! Where were the Sooners today?

You really could flip the #2 and #3 teams above and it wouldn't bother me. Michigan State proved again they are good at winning in the END! Iowa was a better team than I thought they were. I think they would have been a real challenge for Alabama. Against Michigan State, if this is what happens, Bama players better be prepared to play 'til the very last second!

I am not saying that Bama or MSU are better than Oklahoma, but their administration, coaches, players, trainers, cheerleaders, band, fans , et al were sitting on sofas today WATCHING. They were NOT playing!

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
One thing I feel sure about . Whomever plays Clemson can pencil themselves into the championship game. Clemson is a paper tiger.

OU I think would present the most problems for us. I still think we would beat them, but I think they match up the best with us.

Of the teams with losses, OU has the worst loss. I think they are seeded #4. It is going to depend on whether the committee jumps over Clemson, which I doubt.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.