Question: Any fresh news on new DC

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I'm pumped that CKS is going to finish the season, but any new info on his replacement? I heard Pruitt then nothing. I was expecting to here something today or maybe this week.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
It is too early to figure out who is our new DC. I would imagine that Saban would want one in place before the dead period ends. Word on the twitter is that Tucker, Preuitt and Collins ( Florida DC) are on the list to replace Smart.... There have been so many debates on this in the other thread, and all I can say is that I think in my opinion it's between Pruitt and Tucker. Tucker is rumored to want to go back to NFL because of pension. This is how I think it could play out...

Saban hires Collins from Florida, McEwlain get Pruitt. Win-Win Situation.
Saban hires Pruitt, McEwlain. Win-Win Situation.
Saban hires Pruitt, get a new position coach that can coach LBs or Safety. probably someone with NFL experience. Win-Win Situation.
Saban promotes Mel Tucker to DC, Pruitt ends up with Michigan. Win-Lose Situation...

Bottom line..i think we'll know something by maybe next week...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Saban is going to be busy between now and Dec 14th, when the dead period begins. I assume that he is going to get personally involved with every recruit currently "managed" by Smart or Kiffin.

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
Saban is going to be busy between now and Dec 14th, when the dead period begins. I assume that he is going to get personally involved with every recruit currently "managed" by Smart or Kiffin.
Speaking of Kiffin, I haven't heard his name mentioned for any of the openings recently. Some folks think he's done with us after this year, but if he's going to take a HC job somewhere you would think his name would be in the mix somewhere by now.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Speaking of Kiffin, I haven't heard his name mentioned for any of the openings recently. Some folks think he's done with us after this year, but if he's going to take a HC job somewhere you would think his name would be in the mix somewhere by now.
Last year the consensus opinion was that he would probably go back to the NFL as an OC. His name was in the mix for at least one OC job (San Francisco?) so his name may start to come up after the NFL seasons ends.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
based on what I saw on twitter and BOL... seems like.. no. I'm not going to comment on something that may not be true. I'll wait for it to come out, since all we do is speculate on Kiffin's future and I think we've had enough of Kiffin debate.

Back to DC potential candidate: Collins isnt a bad hire, and yes I understand it could be a lateral move, but Collins could be more comfortable with Saban than McElwain... But theyre not going to do McElwain dirty... I wouldnt be suprised if Saban waits til after NFL season to hire someone...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Worth remember Collins was on Bama's staff in 2007. He also didn't go away from much of what Muschamp already had at Florida. Therefore, the transition wouldn't be nearly as bad as bringing in someone not at all familiar with the system.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
If I were about to have Blake Barnett throwing to Ridley, Stewart, and Foster, I might not be in a big rush to leave.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
If I were about to have Blake Barnett throwing to Ridley, Stewart, and Foster, I might not be in a big rush to leave.
This^^^^ and facing USC to open the season next year. I haven't seen any jobs that would make me jump if I were him. Although I could understand if he wants to get back to the west coast.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
This^^^^ and facing USC to open the season next year. I haven't seen any jobs that would make me jump if I were him. Although I could understand if he wants to get back to the west coast.
The folks here in the know have said numerous times he won't be back and it's not his choice. I think I'll trust them on this one.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
My guess is that it will be either someone on staff right now or someone completely out of left field.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.