Who's the starting QB for Bama next season?

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
Barnett next question.
If Blake ends up starting it would be nice if he wins it in the spring to avoid a long drawn out QB battle. It would be good for the team as far as practicing together and getting timing right etc. Of course the same applies to whoever wins the job. I really hope we have a quarterback coming out of spring practice.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Barnett, Cornwell, Morris. Bateman transfers after A-Day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Barnett won the MVP of the Elite 8 camp. The kid is legit. Although it seems unfair that Coker doesn't have another year, that would be special to see his improvement into next season.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Earle seems convicted in the belief that CLK is gone next year, no ifs ands or buts.
That was the consensus all the way to the point where with some high turnovers on the staff, and Kiffin is bringing in real good recuits... I would think Saban would want to reconsider the decision. We'll know more eventually. I would anticpate after our season is over.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
That was the consensus all the way to the point where with some high turnovers on the staff, and Kiffin is bringing in real good recuits... I would think Saban would want to reconsider the decision. We'll know more eventually. I would anticpate after our season is over.
One would hope (the part about reconsidering). Unless there`s something really egregious concerning CLK, I would think that there`s going to be enough uncertainty, change and turnover without unnecessarily adding to it, if it might be avoided.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I think Kiffin thought he'd get another head coaching job this year and Saban probably thought the same. Kiffin is apparently radioactive among AD's around the country. If you think about it, what AD wants risk on his own job by hiring Kiffin. If it works out great, but if it doesn't they'd be throwing out the "idiot" AD who hired him so he may not get another job unless it is as a coordinator.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I think Kiffin thought he'd get another head coaching job this year and Saban probably thought the same. Kiffin is apparently radioactive among AD's around the country. If you think about it, what AD wants risk on his own job by hiring Kiffin. If it works out great, but if it doesn't they'd be throwing out the "idiot" AD who hired him so he may not get another job unless it is as a coordinator.
If that`s accurate, another year or two to "rehab" might be in order. If it is, I`ll not complain!!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Which is why it is amazing to me that Muschamp was hired so soon.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Earle seems convicted in the belief that CLK is gone next year, no ifs ands or buts.
To show how things can change, Travis Reier was on the midday sports show in Montgomery today. He was asked about Lane returning. Said it seems more likely than it did a month ago. He would put the percentage at above 50% right now.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Lane probably recognized what happened with Kirby and Lane may want to stick around for a little while. Kirby had plenty of other opportunities to go after lesser jobs but waited out for a top head coaching gig. If Lane stays at Alabama for 2-3 more years and coordinates a few NC's then I could see Lane getting an LSU type job..

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Good point. What we do know is that Saban is a forgiving man as witnessed by his bringing back assistants "eyebrow raising" to us fans. The x factor is Kiffin himself, whether he wants to introspect and change things about his personality in a positive way and get on board with the process. If he does and is humble enough I can see him staying on board and eventually becoming a mentor these young kids need. That may be a big "if" but all of us are capable of positive change.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Don't know what will happen with CLK. I'll trust what CNS thinks is best.

However, it would truly be exciting to see what he'd do with Blake Barnett and the talented core of returning receivers.

If Blake wins the job and gets his feet wet real good, I think our offense can be very explosive. I'd expect it to look a lot more like it did last year on the days when Sims was lighting up the stat sheet.

Then throw in Bo S. and DH and the thunder and lightening could be unreal!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.