Who's the starting QB for Bama next season?

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
If CLK is still here I would think it helps Barnett's chances. If we get a new OC then it's probably up for grabs between Bateman, Barnett, and Cornwell.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Obviously Coker is graduating so from there we are left with Cornwell, Bateman, Morris and Barnett. There has been a lot of speculation that Cornwell will transfer. There will be 1 or 2 incoming freshman (Hurts and possibly another?) and possibly another QB transferring in - I don't have any inside information but it seems like Alabama reaches out to almost any QB who is looking to transfer. Realistically, IMO, that leaves the QB competition between Bateman (who started the Ole Miss game this year), Morris (clipboard holder and backup punter) and the player with the most physical ability and upside Barnett. Unless something crazy happens I would expect the QB competition to be between Bateman and Barnett. Have no idea how that would play out. My way way way way to early feeling is that I would like to see Barnett win it just because of his physical ability and upside..

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
JMO, but I'll be surprised if he doesn't turn out to be Blake Barnett. I know it's getting the cart in front of the horse but I think he could be the best qb we've seen in years.

Don't know if he'll trump AJ's results (3 rings), but he has some really great upside and fantastic potential.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Alabama has two great options and a good option for next year. Either Cornwell or Barnett would be great, but the one that doesn't win the job is likely gone, IMO. If Bateman wins the job I will be shocked.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Regardless of who it is, I hope all of our current qbs are paying attention to what happened the last two years.

If you stay at Bama you will likely get your turn to become a part of Crimson Lore. Sims stayed the course and is in the record books. Coker may leave with NC ring.

It won't always work out the way it has the last two years and I'm not sure this is the best way, but it has worked out for both of the last two teams.

My personal wish is for a guy with 2 or 3 years left to win the job and give us some stability at the position. If that happens to be Barnett, then Bateman, Coker and Morris may never get their turn, but, we all know it's possible.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I dont think Cornwell will be here.... Thats my opinion.
If he doesn't have reason to believe that he might win the starting job, I wouldn't blame him for leaving. A lot of folks expected him to win the job this year and he came in 3rd. Still not sure how Bateman beat him out.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think We'll see Barnett, Bateman batting out. Hurt will get a chance to compete. Giving Hurt a year or two to get some experience, and he could take over after barnett leave.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
If he doesn't have reason to believe that he might win the starting job, I wouldn't blame him for leaving. A lot of folks expected him to win the job this year and he came in 3rd. Still not sure how Bateman beat him out.
Cornwell had off the field issues..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.