Heisman finalists announced (HENRY WINS THE HEISMAN!)

paul02085

All-SEC
Sep 12, 2004
Loganville, Ga.
Re: Heisman finalists announced on 6pm Eastern (5pm Central) on Sportscenter ESPN2

Cannot wait!!!!! King Henry broke HERSCHEL WALKERS record!!!!! That says it all. Nothing against the guy from the west coast nor the Clemson QB but even if I was not a Bama fan Henry definitely is the man. I believe that will happen and with relative ease.

If Henry doesn't win it its a total joke.

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida
Re: Heisman finalists announced on 6pm Eastern (5pm Central) on Sportscenter ESPN2

Henry was spoon fed through November what he needed to do and surpassed them each time, leaving Herchel records in his wake, for icing on the cake! His loss would make a mockery out of media involvement, which I believe the Downtown Club appreciates.
To be fair, let's remember how many games HW played as opposed to how many DH played. That removes some of the dust.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL

To be fair, let's remember how many games HW played as opposed to how many DH played. That removes some of the dust.
I believe an even more telling gauge is this - despite DH playing in a game or two more than Walker during their record setting seasons, Henry toted the rock 71 fewer times. Now that's getting it done!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

http://collegefootballnews.com/2015/heisman-finalists-announced-ranking-the-candidates

1. RB Derrick Henry, Alabama

Spoiler alert … in all likelihood, everyone else is competing for third place behind Henry and McCaffrey this week.

There are plenty of good choices for the Heisman this season. There exists a wide range of options in terms of positions and geographic locations. But none of those options will appear on more ballots than Henry, who has been the closest thing to a shoe-in since going for 210 yards and three scores in the head-to-head battle with then-favorite Leonard Fournette. Henry has been a horse all year long, breaking the SEC single-season rushing record on a team that wasn’t all that talented elsewhere on offense. And he delivered in every big moment in 2015, including another workmanlike 189 yards and a score to lead Bama to Saturday’s conference title over Florida.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Of course the ESPN Heisman watch has McCaffrey as first now.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Attachments

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Doesn't matter, votes are already in.

FWIW, the betting odds are heavily skewed in Henry's favor:

http://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/odds-win-heisman-trophy
Ive been watching the Vegas and Sportbook all last night and this morning and I've been impressed with how Vegas just knew.... Do they have some kind of inside connection?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

^ I know....seems ESPN is trying hard for viewers.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

^ I know....seems ESPN is trying hard for viewers.
Honestly mom, It seems to me that on twitter beside ESPN... many are pointing to Henry. CBS and ESPN are saying otherwise. I think I'm disappointed in how theyre handling this. i wish they would send 5 to New york so that we can have better coverage this week. We're not hearing much about those three candidates on news... like we did last year.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

It's Henry, McCaffrey, and Watson. IMO these 3 are heads above the others, so I agree with only 3 invitations. If we set aside our bias the truth is this is as even a top 3 as we've had in a while. A very good argument could be made for any of these 3 winning the Heisman.
I get what you're saying and I don't entirely disagree, although Watson would be a little lower than the other two. McCaffrey just picked a bad year to "break" Barry Sanders' record.

The one thing that continuously bothers me about the hype surrounding McCaffrey is that a large % of his all-purpose yardage came from what he did in the return game. He had over 1,000 yards in kick returns. And while that's impressive, the only reason running backs don't get close to Barry Sanders' record is because teams don't like to risk injury to their workhorses. It's not that no one CAN break those records, it's that teams never put their running backs in a position to do it. RB's don't return kicks. It's a rarity.

McCaffrey 2015

319 carries, 1,847 yards 8 TD's. 41 receptions, 540 yards, 4 TD's.

Sanders 1988

344 carries, 2,628 yards, 37 TD's. 19 receptions, 106 yards, 0 TD's.

Sanders still had nearly 400 more yards from scrimmage on only 3 more touches. (363 to 360)

Yeah McCaffrey broke Sanders' all-purpose yardage record, but that's clearly not the entire story. The difference in touchdowns is staggering. Their two season don't come close to lining up.

Last edited:

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Call me paranoid...but I still believe there is a lot of "anti-SEC and especially anti-Bama" sentiment around the country among sportswriters.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Someone said that the heisman vote were leaked and thats why the betting was heavily favoring Henry... Is this true?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Ive been watching the Vegas and Sportbook all last night and this morning and I've been impressed with how Vegas just knew.... Do they have some kind of inside connection?
This sort of runaway lead would be unusual for vegas unless they were certain.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

The numbers have moved to:

Henry -1500
McCaffrey +600
Watson +2600

I have to believe that someone leaked something for the odds to have shifted that much. Someone is betting heavily on Henry.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.